Understanding Crown Land Access

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tillek

Ian
Reaction score
So I was looking at this LPMA about Crown Land allocation and trying to ascertain where I can & can't poke around
1361797931_crown.jpg

Some of it is labelled access, some public recreation (sounds ok), some for future public use
Where can I dig / fossick?

19 views and no replies - come on, help a poor fella out here lads (and ladettes)

Ok..... That pic is confusing (to me anyway). If it is marked as crown land as far as i know you have every right to have a poke around so long as there is public access. But then there are reserves, nature, conservation, wilderness. You may still be able to poke round on them but there may be restrictions as to what you can do in some of them.

Like Shivan said....bit confusing to read..If that area was close to where i fossicked i think i would send an email to the appropriate Lands department and ask for clarification on land uses and restrictions. They should be able to let you know what ..if any ..restrictions are gazetted. At least that way if a ranger asks what your doing you can tell him your enjoying the area with the departments permission. I'm sure even the rangers in some of these grey areas are oblivious to what can and can't be done.....Cheers Wal. :)

agree with wal and shivan, its no so much the crown land access.

40 km north of Orange a nature reserve

I would first check with Mid Western Regional Council and or Cabonne Council

Then lot of the access is through private land so land owner/s would have to give you thums up

Assuming i'm looking at the same document release june 2011 on page 17

3.3.3 Recreation and public use
The main attraction is the river, and associated camping, swimming, gold fossicking and
fishing. Most camping occurs downstream of the ford on the western bank of the river,
where vehicle access and space are available.

Cheers Joe

Latest posts