Turns out the bible was right about Jericho. ;) (non religous) haha

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

So as it says in the bible "the gates of Jericho were tightly shut because the people were afraid of the Israelites. No one was allowed to go in or out" is also true to our own Jericho here in the Victorian hills, went for a drive hoping to pan in the Jordon river and no access from May till November, No Israelites just the DSE haha. So wasted 5 hours in the car but I suppose it wasn't a bad drive. Has anyone else been up there? Was keen to check out the old town. We live and learn. No Balxies Gold adventure for this trip :(

:eek: :eek: i thought that Victorian seasonal closure commenced next weekend....

1401878414_picture_8.jpg

;) Ohhh!! I see my spiritual home there - Casper Creek

Swinging & digging said:
No panning in the Jordan River and tributaries as its inflowing to Melbourne Water Thomson Catchment area!
Sorry to disappoint but thats the rules.
I checked the list 20 times it aint on there but fresh eyes may help.

When the Thompson Dam was completed in 1983 the original intention was to close off the entire catchment to the public like other Melbourne water Catchments like Maroondah Dam.
Public access is allowed under strict conditions and digging up the waterways is not aloud.

You could call them to have them clarify the rules to the Catchment area.

Sounds like hearsay to me. Im not ringing them so they add it on the list, we are already fighting a losing battle. Im happy it is off. Plus plenty of small trib creeks up there anyway. Although Im sure now its on this thread someone will point it out. Spoke to a local at Aberfieldy and he reckons its fine in the summer time. Plus its mountain goat country anyway only dedicated panners with a good 4x4 are getting in there.

The gates into that section of bush close a month early and re open a month later due to it being water catchment for the Thompson dam.
It is also out of bounds for prospecting as swinging and digging said. Its not hearsay.

Why Isnt it on the list? I only go off written law if someone has a link it would help.

That looks pretty clear cut to me...no earthworks within 20 metres of ANY stream in the catchment area.

Latest posts