Tuena/Grabben Gullen NSW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm hoping to travel to Tuena on Saturday, mainly for a look around, stay over night (in a swag :eek: ) then after my bones unfreeze head down to Gabben Gullen again for a look around.

My question is, is there better locations to go to so I gan get a bit of an idea of the layout of the land for a later trip to work both areas.

Sounds like it will be a fun ( but freezing ) weekend. Both are great spots for beginners, your pretty much guaranteed of getting some gold at Tuena and same goes for sapphires at GG. There is often experienced members out there so try catching up with one if your unsure.
Goodluck and have fun.

DD

Sounds to cold to go out to Grabben Gullen (GG) or Tuena - pack your thermals and handwarmers.

Good hunting.

Went out for the first time to Tuena on Thursday not sure really where I was going but found a place off bell street I think it was spent about 2 hours H/banking when suddenly I heard a small part of the bank collapse 8) scared the crap out of me so decided to head to GG on the way home for the first time as well had the place to my self :)
Think the next trip will be to Trunkey if I can find where to go
:mad:

Temps were between 5-9c at tuena by 12.30 lot of water flowing as we'll, then at GG it was nice weather before it bucketed down so I left, still need to do my clean out will post some pics when I learn how to down size the pics if that makes sense

Weather today in tuena is windy showers and bloody cold creek up about two feet spending most of the time watching TV weather should get better after Monday still finding some good gold though...
Cheers GR......

Hay goldrocs is bell street the only access by car there, it was the only place I could find? :(

Heard there's snow in orange this weekend.
I woke up at 5 this morning, thought about sneaking out for a dig. Got out of bed looked at the weather then jumped strait back in bed.
Might be out next weekend sometime if the weather is looking better.

Tuena creek up by another foot yesterday not much digging going on water level to high should go down in the next few days....
Cheers GR.....

What's this TV business GR, should be digging not watching the idiot box. Still waiting on the ute repairs hopefully down there in a weeks time mate.
P.s go and pull the plug out and drain some of that water outa the creek.
Cheers
Skip

Latest posts