Tuena creek stolen sluice box /pump/pans

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there reeks thanks for the offer I'm just on the other side of Blacktown I well keep that in mind I really don't like borrowing other people's stuff
How is the walbanker if I didn't get my stuff back that's the sluice that I was going to have a go at making thay look really good
Any way thanks for the offer
Thanks Brett

They want to hope the cops or someone from the town get them first. Bushgold and i prospect together and it makes me sick to see scum in such a great town the 3 idiots have no idea whats coming. I give them to sunday to return the stuff to the genral store or will take it into my own hands. Keep a eye out please the idiots where workin over the creek lizzy island???? Sorry had to vent the martin marks gold pan has a chip on the edge aswell one off the small buckets was a laundry bucket supreme on the sticker and a pink label

That's no good Bushgold there lowlifes mate and the one thing about Martin Marks sluices is that there all fiberglass so some one should spot it sooner or latter

Sb013 said:
They want to hope the cops or someone from the town get them first. Bushgold and i prospect together and it makes me sick to see scum in such a great town the 3 idiots have no idea whats coming. I give them to sunday to return the stuff to the genral store or will take it into my own hands. Keep a eye out please the idiots where workin over the creek lizzy island???? Sorry had to vent the martin marks gold pan has a chip on the edge aswell one off the small buckets was a laundry bucket supreme on the sticker and a pink label

Yah sb013 mate thay better hope the cops get to them first or the town deal with them Tuena is a lot better town than them scum
A town every one likes to go to and could leave their stuff come back the next morning and chase the yellow I hope thay hand it in
( what do you reckon low and slowly or hard and fast lol )

Sb013 said:
I agree sb013 that should not happen at such a great place like tuena

Hello All
Oallen Ford and now Tuena, sounds like someone has the idea that prospectors are easy pickins, so what are we going to do about it ?????
No lynch mob ideas please, but food for thought, one thing we can do is to keep an eye out for the stolen high banker green is a district colour and looks like its make of fibreglass and the honda pump , the high banker may be difficult to sell , like the fnnn idiots in campbelltown that tried to sell pygmy monkeys stolen from a private zoo at helensburgh a few months ago , the gear hopefully will turn up somewhere on a high banking site, so we can keep an eye out , secondly, perhaps its time to set a trap site , we can do a weekend like the one coming up at tuena, believe it or not, and keep a 24 hour watch on the camp , with a good camera to capture evidence, and a few members as back up if a there is a challenge , might have to dig up my game trail cameras to see what game is hanging around my campsite , and for those small tracking devices , that are the size of a 20 cent piece that use the mobile phone as the tracking system, there was some talk on how effective or ineffective are they , has any one got one and can give a review on their effectiveness ?????

just remembered , i have one of those alarmed padlocks that I used on my bike, move it and 5 seconds later , it goes off, very loud would scare the daylights out of a night predator, sounds like a good investment to padlock one or two on your good gear

One Idea is when there's a few of you, and if one has to go away, the others watch all the gear, I mean really be on guard.....like in the Army...hahah. But watch each others backs and gear.

Even If you have to stand around your gear with big sticks etc, especially if one is away doing something else.

iamagoldenoldie2 said:
Hello All
Oallen Ford and now Tuena, sounds like someone has the idea that prospectors are easy pickins, so what are we going to do about it ?????
No lynch mob ideas please, but food for thought, one thing we can do is to keep an eye out for the stolen high banker green is a district colour and looks like its make of fibreglass and the honda pump , the high banker may be difficult to sell , like the fnnn idiots in campbelltown that tried to sell pygmy monkeys stolen from a private zoo at helensburgh a few months ago , the gear hopefully will turn up somewhere on a high banking site, so we can keep an eye out , secondly, perhaps its time to set a trap site , we can do a weekend like the one coming up at tuena, believe it or not, and keep a 24 hour watch on the camp , with a good camera to capture evidence, and a few members as back up if a there is a challenge , might have to dig up my game trail cameras to see what game is hanging around my campsite , and for those small tracking devices , that are the size of a 20 cent piece that use the mobile phone as the tracking system, there was some talk on how effective or ineffective are they , has any one got one and can give a review on their effectiveness ?????

just remembered , i have one of those alarmed padlocks that I used on my bike, move it and 5 seconds later , it goes off, very loud would scare the daylights out of a night predator, sounds like a good investment to padlock one or two on your good gear
Hi iamagoldenoldie2 some great ideas there true we all have to look out for each other I use to love bringing the cons home for me and the kids to go through...... but the truth is there probably out there prospecting now how would they like it if someone stole all their gear but the truth is there probably got no conscious..........
Like the idea of the trail cameras and the alarmed padlock as thay would of got caught red handed........

Ps I know what would of happened to them if were in the 1850s
Thanks Bushgold

Hello All,
I hope you found loads of gold today , the siren alarms are selling on ebay for as little as $16 but you know the chinese , good at copying things so I don't know how good the chinese knockoffs are. I think I bought mine from bunnings and it was around the $30 dollar mark,
What I will do is look for a good deal , say around the $15 to 20 mark but with some quality included. I have a contact in Shenzen whom i used to deal with when I was selling and importing my hunting LED torches that had a concentrated light throw of 150 metres plus. If there is an order for say 20 to 30 padlocks I will import them and distribute to those who are interested but the internal post cost is an issue, Perhaps the purchase could be done thru NAPA then any small profit can be channelled back into association running costs .
As for me, I am looking at buying 10, one for the pump, one for the tools chained together, one for the sluice , one for the mine lab , one on the hoses, ONE FOR A TRIP LINE , the rest for my other toys, cheap insurance if you get the right padlock, one that beeps when it is first moved then a 110 decibel scream for 30 seconds after the 5 second delay, the delay gives you time to insert your key to unlock it , that disarms the unit now which bloody key is it for this lock lol weeeewooooweeeewoooo

Hello All ,
an update on the alarm padlocks i was talking about, Bunnings sell them at $23 , now that' s cheap insurance for your valuable gear ,they are the ROMAK brand, found in the padlock isle, some ebay sellers are selling these for around $50, some profit margin whilst unbranded locks sell for as little a $16, at least with Bunnings you can take it back, so keep our dough in the ln the land of OZZ.
They are a padlock with a removable shackle, one way the shack does not activate the alarm mechanism and can be used as a normal padlock, take the shackle out and put it in the other way and you will hear a beep, that means you have it in alarm mode , turn the key and lock the shackle in , move it and it gives a warning beep, keep moving it, it goes off, with a beeping siren like a smoke alarm , 110 decibels, its not ear piercing but loud enough to deter thieves , the padlock shackle is about 7mm diameter and should be used with a chain to secure it to the item you want to protect, that way you cant move the item with moving the padlock
The bike alarm is designed to fit around the seat stem so it may be a bit more difficult to fit to most items , might be a few bucks cheaper but not as versatile as a padlock, if they want your gear then they would need bolt cutters and that might look a bit odd , walking round with a pair of bolt cutters, perhaps a battery angle grinder, a bit too noisy, but what ever they use the alarm will sound, so they would have to very large testicles to hang around .
One never knows but there could be possibility that they might read the posts on this forum , I hope they do so they don't get shovel over the back of their heads, NSW police may take a dim view on those who take the law into their own hands , the legal system suxs bad, look at the bloke in Victoria the other day, he was released on bail a week earlier , then decided to murder a few innocent people with a car.
Having to fit protective measures is a pain in the butt but just imagine your water flow stops, they knocked off the pump, at least with the alarm padlock you will hear it

I used to sell the game trail cameras along with my led torches but they cost too much and had to compete with ALDI who sold them for $130 when they had them. They take great pics in the day but at night the infa red led's glow a dull red so if you have it mounted at eye level there is a chance thieves may see it activate , they took up to 3 pics at your seleted time delay or a video , very sensitive to movement and temp changes and the wind blowing branches etc.
Battery life using 8 x AA alkaline batteries was supposed to be around 2 months but I never had it like that , its funny how inquisitive our native animals and birds are, I use to spend hours looking at the captured images sometime people, but most times animals . An 8 gig sd card could hold about 1700 pictures.

there are 12 volt passive infa red motion detectors out there in the market place use one of these at your campsite with a good led light and you can light up the campsite if someone or thing comes skulking around at night, just a few more goodies that are available for security purposes.

Like the idea of the alarm padlocks. Even better alarm stating in 30 seconds this padlock will self destruct with dire consequences and actually did. Reakon it'd do wonders for security. Sometimes being heavy handed is the only way to get the message across unfortunately.

I have just got back.
Better be a bit careful on the " Scum in Town again" Comment Cobber.
Yes, I know that I passed comment but that was very carefully worded and I have just
drove the point harder.
A Young Fella I know there is being branded as a suspect and I don't like it.
A decent bloke has half the town looking at him now and I know for a fact
he had absolutely nothing to do with this low act.
Quite a few folk's have commented that there was some very shady characters staying there that Weekend in the Camp Ground
when the gear was lifted.
The folks in Tuena are hard working honest people and some one local being looked at as a suspect does not abode very well
with me.
They did have an issue a while back but that has been cleaned up.
Gossip is a killer and I know it well personally.
The whole Family are pretty upset that the rumors are pegging him.
I will stand and tell any one that he had absolutely nothing to do with it.
As a person, I am deeply upset about this.
As a moderator, I will remove any hints pertaining to who or what may have done this lower than a snakes bum act.

Creekbed said:
Tathradj said:
I will keep an eye out this weekend.
That is a very distinctive sluice.
Looks like there is another set of trouble makers staying in Town.

You mean there have been other scum in town Tathra?
That is a bloody shame. Tuena is, as Bushgold said a lovely town with lovely people. I've been going there for over 20 years now although not as much in recent years

The sad truth is that online forums are part of the problem and it is very possible it was someone who reads or visits this and other forums.. More exposure, more low lifes.

Its very hard to move around at Tuena without being noticed, seen or heard. Hope they get what they deserve! :mad:

I agree with you mate it seems to me that it would be someone out of town
as its a small place so to many people know to many people and what gear they have so i am sure no one in that town would be stupid enough to do something like that
I feel sorry for the young bloke that has the finger pointed at him and his family

Fossickers contribute greatly to the town and the livelihood of the people running the local businesses. It serves no purpose for a local to flog someones gear and if it was, then the locals will be attune to that. If there's speculation required on who did it, then it's far more likely someone without local repercussions such as an opportunistic camper or traveller flogged it just like what happened at Oallen recently.

I also feel for the young bloke, it would be difficult being branded as a suspect in such a small community.

Jon

Latest posts