Tuena and GG gemstones

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1486869187_019.jpg

1486869188_quick_tuena_trip_023.jpg

Did a fossick at Tuena the other day then tried out GG on the next day on the way home, got 18 Sappires and some other gemstones, Had the two better ones cut with the best one 4.5 ct. not to bad for my first time there and the Banker was only set for gold not gems but i can rectify that little problem and will improve next trip. Good luck prospectors.

Hi B5MECH,
The two cutters are on the RHS of the plate both dark blue Sapphires and came up really good :D and I used the DIY Walbanker on the left of the picture but haven't yet found some vertical expanded alum mesh yet to replace the sloped mesh in it which is for gold operations, next time I go for gems hopefully will be set up better .
Cheers Eric.

Ahhhh 8) the round and rectangle, nice run, the banker worked well to grab them :cool: some nice gold pickers in there too
The mesh is difficult to find maybe try your local aluminum fabricator may have some offcuts, every time I try to get mesh there not offcuts and want me to buy a huge sheet :mad: :rolleyes: the other place I've seen some is the scrap metal recyclers, they should have something lying around they will just give to you as there not allowed to resell it as used metal.
I can see your going to kill it with the gear you've got going :cool: :Y:

Dolphin said:
Hi B5MECH,
The two cutters are on the RHS of the plate both dark blue Sapphires and came up really good :D and I used the DIY Walbanker on the left of the picture but haven't yet found some vertical expanded alum mesh yet to replace the sloped mesh in it which is for gold operations, next time I go for gems hopefully will be set up better .
Cheers Eric.

i have some spare vertical alloy mesh i think , it should be 13mm high

Latest posts