TRAFFIC in the GT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The last 4 days we have racked up about 120 k's out and about on various tracks covering Kingower, McIntyre, Dunolly, Tarnagulla and Talbot just having a gander as to how the landscape has changed on land we are working.
Also have done a few wood trips.
We haven't seen anyone out and about in the bush, no detectorists, no vehicles. No one.
So where are these people that have been "stuck" at home?

I live in the Triangle and yesterday and today saw numerous people in the bush.
Just yesterday at Avoca I had a dingbat pull up just 50 feet away from my 4wd and get out with his mate detecting right near me. Not wanting to be charged with agravated assault I decided to move to another spot. There for just 30 minutes and HELLO here he comes again. Lucky, for him, he kept driving. :Y:
I have seen non stop people detecting where I live during lock down. I could walk across the road from my house and detect. Was a P off though today, there were holes everywhere. Not that normally I see holes and cry about it, but when you have lived on it and seen it all for yrs you know how old and young it all is. This was done through lock down, raked, dug, churned. Yep, its always gone on but I swear, its getting more and more people who dont give a s*!#. I used to fill them in, now I leave em, done it for years and im done, reckon over the years I've filled in a thousand foot of lazy dogs holes. No more.

JD3, yes this seems to be the way things are going these days, and it is not just the new comers to the scene. Many in the detecting scene seem to have a 'God given right' to do as they please. I too live in 'the triangle', but there are are many who are self opinionated mongrels who make things hard for us who try to do the right thing.

JD3 said:
I live in the Triangle and yesterday and today saw numerous people in the bush.
Just yesterday at Avoca I had a dingbat pull up just 50 feet away from my 4wd and get out with his mate detecting right near me. Not wanting to be charged with agravated assault I decided to move to another spot. There for just 30 minutes and HELLO here he comes again. Lucky, for him, he kept driving. :Y:
I have seen non stop people detecting where I live during lock down. I could walk across the road from my house and detect. Was a P off though today, there were holes everywhere. Not that normally I see holes and cry about it, but when you have lived on it and seen it all for yrs you know how old and young it all is. This was done through lock down, raked, dug, churned. Yep, its always gone on but I swear, its getting more and more people who dont give a s*!#. I used to fill them in, now I leave em, done it for years and im done, reckon over the years I've filled in a thousand foot of lazy dogs holes. No more.

When the VEAC central investigation locks us out of an additional 77,000 Ha of land More and More will be forced on to less land available.
The People recently thrown onto welfare because of Co Vid 19 will result in thousands more looking for gold and much less compliance of the
law. This will ensure more land if not all gets closed to prospecting. Its a shame many of the U Tube promoters say nothing about following the laws?

Latest posts