Towns and places with funny or strange names in your state

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For all those Step Brothers fans....
1582542305_9578628b-d3aa-468c-985e-2e33b79530a4.jpg

Brennan has a munjina

LoneWolf said:
Got it off this list Doug... But when you go to the Google map link it seems its not there, so perhaps the list is wrong... 3rd place mentioned...

https://www.list-directory.info/lists/place-names.html

Did you check the others, I didn't...

LW....

No LW, spent a bit of time in the NT and never heard of that one. Same result I got when I google mapped it.

Cheers

Doug

Prominent Nob, SA
Guys Dirty Hole, Pisspot Creek, tas
Two Mile Knob, Mount Blowhard, Mount Breast, QLD.
Toungers Point, Crack Pot, Stinkhole, Misery Knob, tas

There are a lot of Knobs in Australia :lol:

13km north of Cairns, this section of land was named after George Yorkey Lawson, a fisherman originally from Yorkshire who built a homestead on the headland in the 1880s. Locals love boasting that their local slogan is Yorkeys Knob, bigger than Mobys Dick.

I didn't realize that Tassie had so many weird place names like are shown on that map. Who would want to fish, swim, or boat in "Ooze Lake"? :awful:

Couple more

1582614588_2_grak9k.jpg

1582614604_2_h11b29.jpg

ST&G's Marvellous Map Of Actual Australian Place Names

From Lovely Bottom (Tas) to Bullshit Hill (SA), from Pisspot Creek (Tas) toTitwobble Lane (Vic), via Pimple (Qld), Pensioners Bush (Tas) and Peculiar Knob (SA), now for the first time ever you can explore, discover and celebrate Australia's truly world-class place names.

The Marvellous Map of Actual Australian Place Names is a 66cm x 66cm wall map featuring over 1,000 of the funniest, rudest and quirkiest - and 100% authentic - Aussie towns, streets, mountains, lakes and all manner of geographic features whose names may cause your older relatives to spit out their tea violently.
Maps are sold out at present and they are GBP 27.99

Deepseeker said:
woomera said:
Titwobble Lane, Wedderburn VIC

Amazing! I'd heard of Twiddy Lane, but didn't know it was called that down the other end (just did a google search). They must be forever replacing the stolen street signs?? :lol: :lol:

The sign is covered in barbed wire, bit of an attempt to keep it there a bit longer

numpty said:
Prominent Nob, SA
Guys Dirty Hole, Pisspot Creek, tas
Two Mile Knob, Mount Blowhard, Mount Breast, QLD.
Toungers Point, Crack Pot, Stinkhole, Misery Knob, tas

There are a lot of Knobs in Australia :lol:
Speaking of knobs,there is a street sign in Junee with Hiscock St and Ball St on it.Have a chuckle to myself every time I see it.

2lateagain said:
Couple more

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/14190/1582614588_2_grak9k.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/14190/1582614604_2_h11b29.jpg

ST&G's Marvellous Map Of Actual Australian Place Names

From Lovely Bottom (Tas) to Bullshit Hill (SA), from Pisspot Creek (Tas) toTitwobble Lane (Vic), via Pimple (Qld), Pensioners Bush (Tas) and Peculiar Knob (SA), now for the first time ever you can explore, discover and celebrate Australia's truly world-class place names.

The Marvellous Map of Actual Australian Place Names is a 66cm x 66cm wall map featuring over 1,000 of the funniest, rudest and quirkiest - and 100% authentic - Aussie towns, streets, mountains, lakes and all manner of geographic features whose names may cause your older relatives to spit out their tea violently.
Maps are sold out at present and they are GBP 27.99

Is that serious ? :(

When I posted the Tasmanian map it appeared to be a "free" item, it was not until after I had posted the other 2 that other information became available and it was either leave them or have the Mods remove all so to save any complaint from the "owner" of the maps I have included who owns and sells it. It was an error on my part for not looking further into it in the first place. :awful: :awful: :awful: Shall be more careful in future.

Graham

Latest posts