Too Good to be True?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Personally I subscribe to the school of thought that states if something looks too good to be true than it usually is..

Hence I'm a tad bit skeptical that a GPX5000 has a 'Buy It Now' price of <$1500.

Has anyone ever dealt with DHGate before as a website? What is the buyer protection like?

Could be a knock-off.. I've never heard of them before but there are plenty of things that exist outside the limited realm of knowledge that I possess.

Here is the link:

http://www[.]dhgate[.]com/product/g...etector/137863493.html?recinfo=8,1,3#cppd-3-1

[Edited by Nugget - added [.] to the link as we don't want to be linking to scam sites. Please do not remove.]

Dhgate are based in Beijing and are well known for selling copies of lots of different items. Don't go near them.

DD

notice they dont take paypal . which in theory may have given any buyer a refund when they find its counterfeit.

does BPay , Visa or mastercard give buyer protection by reversing the payment after you receive your goods or would they say tuff lukc ?

Bpay- no cos its a direct payment from your bank account, the bank assumes that you know who you are transferring money to.
Credit Card- sometimes you can argue charges on your card but usually they wont do anything if it was processed more than 24 before you call them, after 24 hrs its at their discretion.
Paypal is the better option by far, they act as a mediator and take responsibility for any funds that are transferred through them. Ive used them in the past as a buyer and seller on evilbay to resolve some disputes.
They require you to go through their mediation process but if a resolution cant be reached they tend to favour the party that brought the compaint.

Sounds like great buy for building the detecting arm muscles, while sitting on the couch at home. lol.

Cheers for all the input guys.

Nugget Sorry Mate I went back & edited it in the 1st instance because I thought I'd just made a mistake in the URL. Didn't realize it was something you had done.

Latest posts