Tonight's 1 hour hunt

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigSam

Samuel
Reaction score
Popped down to a beach that has a caravan park backing onto it (always full) and thought it would have defiantly been worked over, well I was spot on with my guess, pretty sure they had hit it with a VLF machine with iron discriminator.
I took "goldagettin's" whites PI out for a rip, sh1t this thing punches deep! Not a good night on the coin front, however I enjoyed myself as always. :D
1398258907_image.jpg

Lol, that's something you have to get used to with a PI detector on the beach, lots of junk, but as you mention, fantastic depth is the upside. You will always gain a big collection of tent pegs and lead, I tend to keep some of my junk for laughs. :)

Some fishermen would keep spare Spark Plugs in with their Fishing Tackle just in case(for the Boat Engine). It's a good service your doing for that beach(less rubbish to spike feet) and picking up some Battery Money along the way. Looks a bit like you stumbled onto some ones Beach Party site up in the dry sand and then went down to the waters edge for a bit of a scan as well.

yeah people use sparkplugs as sinkers, i dont know why lol sinkers are close to about 40-80c each haha

Fellow told me the other day he makes 40 dollars worth of lead into 300 dollars of sinkers real money, and would buy all my clean lead for $1.50 a kg.

liam1994 said:
yeah people use sparkplugs as sinkers, i dont know why lol sinkers are close to about 40-80c each haha

Back in the days (they weren't really good old days) when people serviced their cars themselves, grease, oil & filter change, set timing, clean distributor connections etc etc they also changed the spark plugs .... many fishermen then used the old ones as sinkers. And yes you could actually see allof the engine under the hood.

Cheers T.

Latest posts