Todays hunt results.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sandta said:
silver said:
Pinpoint button is still working fine on the ACE GP, and it is definately the one that gets the most use of them all,....would be nice if it was a toggle button instead so I didn't have to hold it in all the time.

Ye , and i dont know how many times ive accidentally pushed the on/off button instead or enough of the edge of it to turn it off anyway
Oh and how many times I,ve turned it off to dig a target because it was too chattery on the ground,... only to keep detecting with it turned off and then having to backtrack after thinking how quiet the ground is before realising what's happened,... if only it had a sleep function that could cut in when it is lying in the horizontal plane(you would still need another button though to turn that function on or off). :)

silver said:
Sandta said:
silver said:
Pinpoint button is still working fine on the ACE GP, and it is definately the one that gets the most use of them all,....would be nice if it was a toggle button instead so I didn't have to hold it in all the time.

Ye , and i dont know how many times ive accidentally pushed the on/off button instead or enough of the edge of it to turn it off anyway
Oh and how many times I,ve turned it off to dig a target because it was too chattery on the ground,... only to keep detecting with it turned off and then having to backtrack after thinking how quiet the ground is before realising what's happened,... if only it had a sleep function that could cut in when it is lying in the horizontal plane(you would still need another button though to turn that function on or off). :)

I hate when that happens :lol:
Did it with the sov last weekend :rolleyes:

Sandta said:
silver said:
Sandta said:
silver said:

I hate when that happens :lol:
Did it with the sov last weekend :rolleyes:
It's only because we want soo much more out of ourselves and have the sensitivity up too high for the hunt(ha) full boar ahead bull at the gate detecting syndrome that makes the detector go stupid,... and we put up with it(ha). :rolleyes:

Had twenty minutes waiting for Mrs Silver today,... so of course,.... I went detecting,.... photos later(if I can). :)

AtomRat said:
It won't eat the coin. It takes nitric acid mixed with sulfuric to dissolve copper.

Nitric on it's own will react with copper - that is how Copper Nitrate is produced (lovely blue coloured liquid too).

silver said:
Had twenty minutes waiting for Mrs Silver today,... so of course,.... I went detecting,.... photos later(if I can). :)

When i was addicted to ciggies life was just intervals between the next smoke. This sounds similar :)

Brian said:
silver said:

When i was addicted to ciggies life was just intervals between the next smoke. This sounds similar :)
Yeah(ha),.. ya got me there,...just another detectaddict,...just glad I wasn't slipping out for a ciggie for 20 minutes,... maybe 25 years ago,....but ,hang on, I'm a non smoker,... so at least it can't happen to me,....now ! :cool:

Here are those 20 minute hunt photos,.....including,... O N E - S I L V E R.
1438603807_sam_2385.jpg

1943 925 silver,...that little one made my day. :p
1438603807_sam_2386.jpg

1438603807_sam_2388.jpg

Marked said:
AtomRat said:
It won't eat the coin. It takes nitric acid mixed with sulfuric to dissolve copper.

Nitric on it's own will react with copper - that is how Copper Nitrate is produced (lovely blue coloured liquid too).
I'll just try the dilute hydrochloric acid on it first,...once I get some Marked,... sometimes the clr turns blue colored when I do a silver coin,....same with some of them in olive oil. :)
Makes you wonder if the clr has something going on in the nitric world. :)

Nice work Silver. I tried the CLR the other night and noticed the Blue colour. As CLR is corrosive I put it down to the copper content in the coins leaching into solution. Not sure if it is but would make sense.

Heatho said:
Nice work Silver. I tried the CLR the other night and noticed the Blue colour. As CLR is corrosive I put it down to the copper content in the coins leaching into solution. Not sure if it is but would make sense.
Thought it may be the silver oxide, as that's what is coming off, but I'm only guessing with layman's knowledge. And because it doesn't happen all the time, that makes it even harder to understand,... I ain't no chemist Heatho ! ;)

gee whiz silver ... at least ya found silver ...ya went out and found it ... if its there youll find it lol well done its hardley a threepence tho lol just puttin my 1 cents worth in hehehe... :p :)

Thanks fellas,....I did a bit better today,....photos for the gallery later on. ;)

and here we go. :)
Found an old toy car,.. got it soaking in water to loosen up the dirt.
1438780702_sam_2405.jpg

That's the rest of the hunt,.. still dirty.
1438780703_sam_2406.jpg

THE SPENDABLES.
1438780703_sam_2408.jpg

tHE bbS,.. INCLUDING A hALFPENNY(AT LEAST i GOT ONE pd).
1438780703_sam_2410.jpg

And I got a Silver Ring
1438780704_sam_2418.jpg

from Mexico.
1438780785_sam_2419.jpg

Here's that car all cleaned up,.. paint jobs not too bad.
1438780785_sam_2420.jpg

And it still has all four wheels.
1438780786_sam_2421.jpg

So it's a D type Jaguar,... Lesney No. 41
1438780786_sam_2422.jpg

The ring and the car were great to find,... especialy the car, I took it all the way back to the car so it wouldn't get damaged at all.

Hi Silver

Great find love the old car what a ripper I remember watching an old doco not long ago racing them and the ring looked interesting and the pre decimals are a great find for sure always nice finding things from yesteryear!!. Once I've got the hang of my new MXT All Pro I'm going to try and research old sites and places and get into the pre decimal and relics side of things. Well done mate and keep the pics coming in love seeing them all.

Cheers

Thanks Bhogg,.... take a tour through this thread from start to here and you should pick up a few pointers along the way that should have relevance to you,.. regardless of detector type. :)

Latest posts