todays diggings

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was swinging the coil along one of the creeks near Slatty creek around some old mine shafts and dug an old Abbots Lager bottle opener.
After a good clean up I could read what it actually said thought it was a good find for the day! :D

Yeah Blinky, I suppose whilst your out there swinging :) any think you find is great ,thats way I see it :cool: good Luck with the next outing.

Good find, good to keep. My first find with an X-terra 705 at Kanowna WA a few years ago was a 1911 dog registration tag originally from Coolgardie, not too far away. It was about 10 inches under the ground where there was a fair bit of broken crockery including the blue and white stuff, glass, etc. RIP dog.

Hi Blinky,
Its great isn't it when you finally pull something of worth (apart from the usual nails, slugs etc etc) out of the ground and wonder where it came from and who held it last. Recently, while at Maldon in Vic. I had a swing in the bush behind the caravan park. I must confess I really wasn't expecting anything but as I wondered back to the park after walking up a decent hill, I happened on a 1911 King George penny, just laying there in the sun. If it was dropped prior to but around the time the pre-decimals were fazed out, its been sun baking for 46 YEARS.
Since then I added to the unusual finds. A 1947 Florin, and 2 half pennies, on the banks of the river at Echuca. A Chinese coin and a Four penny weight at Ararat. But none of the yellow stuff yet. But I live in hope!
And I wondered who'd dropped it.

Tassie Daz it did cross my mind yes! and that's some great finds mate! the yellow stuff is out there too mate youll get some :D

i found an old 80's or early 90's eveready AA battery at about 1ft. the thing screamed. thought i was getting lucky until i'd seen the red cylinder.
made me wonder if something was dug up there and the guy changed his batteries and threw the old ones in the hole.

Latest posts