Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tommtb7 said:
Hey mudguts it's cutting mat from office works, tey use it in design work or something I think, comes in a4 and a3 sizes

Thanx Tommtb7, think I'll get myself some of that...

Today I helped my son make a bow and arrows.
Plastic conduit, duct tape, string and a heat gun.
Oh, and a YouTube video showing us how to do it.
Terry
1436934960_image.jpg

No just bent it by heating with the heat gun and squashing the end 3rd flatter toward the end and putting a curve in as it cooled.
One end of the bow can be removed to make it a take down bow. It's pretty powerful as is and there is more flex to be utilized however, I will let him get used to it before we strengthen it and go for better arrows.

Sand would have been a good idea though to keep the conduit round for most of its length.

Terry

Hey Yournutz,

I like those springs, would make bending much easier, especially when the conduit becomes quite soft. Would hold the shape nicely.

Terry

Was getting annoyed with my B&Z booster and how to mount it on my F1A4, nobody wants wires hanging everywhere, didn't want it to be a hassle to remove when I want headphones only, didn't want the speakers falling off while fumbling around in the bush. So I had a spare couple of hours this morning and this is what I made from a few scraps of aluminium, some nuts and bolts, a bit of drilling, hacksawing and filing, some Velcro scraps to hold the booster. Now I can angle the speakers however I need straight back to my ears!

1437278006_bz1a.jpg

1437278006_bz1b.jpg

1437278006_bz1c.jpg

1437278006_bz1d.jpg

1437278006_bz1e.jpg

Thought id share if anyone else has the same problem!

That's pretty cool. I reckon speaker oscillation could be an issue for really loud targets on a big coil but an awesome solution.

Latest posts