Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I made up a removable detector stand for under $10, please follow the link for details. ;)

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=9476

1417336519_img_20141130_183941.jpg

and i made a new short battery cable , awaiting the proper D&D cover, so please excuse the sticky tape :lol:

1418361914_wp_20141212_009.jpg

Today I made a coin extracting tool to remove pinpointed targets in grass and lawned parks where digging a hole might be a no no, or certainly frowned upon!
You push the point of the tool down,(up to 8") till you find your target. If it feels like a coin try and hook it upright on edge and pull it to the surface. If its aluminium
junk, just pierce it through to pull it out. Would also make a good crevice tool as well methinks. Made from the blade of an old pair of garden clippers and jarrah pick
handle wood. Sheath is just 35mm conduit with leather belt offcut rivetted on.
1418433657_optimized-img_1002.jpg

Cheers, Adrian.
1418433737_optimized-img_1001.jpg
1418433796_optimized-img_1004.jpg
1418433842_optimized-img_1006.jpg

Hey BrisJoe, Does the webbing in post #25 fit like the old style webbing (green webbing with the bum bag) I got out of the army in 1983 so didn't have the opportunity to use this style. If so what would the cost e for something like this.

Cheers
Dave

We were supposed to have a break for a couple of months from working on the house after finishing the front garden beds but decided to do bamboo panels on the pergola fence last weekend, the fence has a gate access to the neighbours yard and we thought about putting a rusty steel cut out panel feature in the doorway. Sunday night we were enjoying the new look outside over a few drinks and came up with the idea of putting a real door in as a feature, a quick look on Gumtree meant I picked up a solid old timber door in Doncaster on Monday morning on my way to work and bought some paint yesterday, yellow for the undercoat and a turquoise/jade for the top coat. This was our first ever attempt at doing a relic job so after watching a few Youtube clips it was on with the yellow and let dry, on with the crackle medium in a few spots and just before it dried put the top coat on, got home today and hit it with the sander followed by a quick stain rubbed over the whole door to tone the brightness back a little. It's turned out exactly like I imagined and happy for our first attempt. The actual colour is a very slight shade greener than these pics show.
1420020429_dsc06472.jpg

1420020429_dsc06476.jpg

1420020429_dsc06477.jpg

Today is our 2 year anniversary so I thought I'd surprise Trace and pretend we're young again. Tracey's granddaughter will think we're mad but it's all good fun.
1420020429_dsc06479.jpg

I still need to stain the fence posts darker to blend in with the bamboo but so far so good.

Hiluxlou said:
Looks really good Pete , 31/12/15 ? Shouldn't it be 14 ?
I was waiting for it. .. Thought it was a bit harsh considering the work put in to say anything sooner, and I too can geta bit confused around new year.

Latest posts