Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Dune Kimberley 9 Plus tent leaving van behind and heading to the cape slowly end of april 1st stop 4x4 park near Killcoy than Boyne Tannum Hookup Qld. 3 4x4s in our group roughtly 6 weeks. :)

loamer said:
Retirement Stone said:
Dozer said:
Today I bought a Minelab Pro-Find pinpointer. :)

Dozer,

I have one as well. Great tool to minimise hole depth and locating exact location of target. You can instantly tell if the target is out or still in the hole and the beeps increase in intensity until a constant tone is heard when you smack bang on the target. Would not be without it.

I ve been using mine almost daily for a month and the 9v battery has just started to get low.

I wonder if nugget hunters use them? All the videos I ve watched they use plastic scoop or halving handfuls of dirt over their coils? Pro-Find would make light work of this task.

Regards

No, I don't for no other reason as I am still not 100% convinced they will work properly or to 100% efficiency on highly mineralised gold bearing ground or interfere (EMI wise) with the GPX detectors. I acknowledge they are excellent for parks and beaches. Funnily enough - when I am into a quartz reef I use a VLF Xterra 70 to pinpoint and check for small species in quartz lumps. Excellent bit of kit.

I have a Garret Pin Pointer. It won't make a beep on a .15 gram nugget. It will beep on a 1 grammer if it touches the tip of the pin pointer though.
I suspect it will work in the Gold fields because the ground will be all broken up. You can switch the pin pointer back on pointing to the ground and it
will ground balance itself. Will let you know how I go with it in central vic.

HeadsUp said:
Ramjet said:
headbut said:
Today I got my Honda WX15 Pump , now to get the hoses :)
Nice. Be looking for a pump and hoses myself soon.

pretty hard to beat this guys prices

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/connect_industrial/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

I ordered from these guys as well (Ben)

A late night ordering attempt seen me screw my order up, emailed him, changed it straight away and posted it that day.

Cannot fault his service. Have a look. all the items, cam locks, lay flat, suction hose its all there in different sizings.

I bought: (For Honda WX15)

1 x 4m Fire Fighting suction hose Quickfit 1 1/2 - $40.50
PVC Lay flat Hose, M/Duty Blue 1-1/2" x 25mtrs - $51.25
2 x 1/2"(38mm) Alum Camlock - Female with hose tail - $23.40
3 x 40mm Alum Camlock - Male with Female thread - $16.11
aus post - $33

Regards

I have picked up my dolly pot and custom made craw bar. It's 5 foot long with a steel ball on the end. If you are in Melbourne and would like one I can PM you the number of the guy that made it for me. Very happy with it and reasonable price. Now I can smash the stuff I brought from Eldorado the other week. :)

1391653136_image.jpg

now you need a bit of rubber belt with a cross cut in the centre, sit on top of your pot, put the bar through the cross cut hole. stops bits flying out of pot. :)

A piece of inner tube, fixed to the top of the dolly with a few rubber bands will do the trick and all the crushed rocks/colour will remain for you to salvage :D May there be heaps.

A roto pan from a fellow member
Love the for sale section
Can't wait to play with it

Very sexy looking piece of equipment there, I'm sure it will serve you well :D

I've seen the roto pan in action on you tube, looks pretty good.

Beagleboy said:
I have picked up my dolly pot and custom made craw bar. It's 5 foot long with a steel ball on the end. If you are in Melbourne and would like one I can PM you the number of the guy that made it for me. Very happy with it and reasonable price. Now I can smash the stuff I brought from Eldorado the other week. :)

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1151/1391653136_image.jpg

any chance you can give me a close up view of the weld on the end of that ball ?

looks like its brazed on there ?

if i was going to make one of that style i would probably have a star point on one end (or a ball like your one) and a flat pad on the other end otherwise you wont get a fine crushing with a ball alone ?

HeadsUp said:
Beagleboy said:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1151/1391653136_image.jpg

any chance you can give me a close up view of the weld on the end of that ball ?

looks like its brazed on there ?

if i was going to make one of that style i would probably have a star point on one end (or a ball like your one) and a flat pad on the other end otherwise you wont get a fine crushing with a ball alone ?

G'day HB. I was going to use the 6 foot craw bar with flat end for the dolly pot. It is pretty heavy to carry around so I had one of these made as a "traveler". The ball is more for comfort when you holding on to it. I thought it may not be ideal with the dolly pot but it fits really nicely in to your hand.

1391830879_image.jpg

1391830914_image.jpg

okay . looks quite artistic with that wrought iron look

i was worried the ball was a hardened steel one from a ball bearing but its not , its just soft iron so it wont break off from heat affected embrittlement.

i thought it was a double ended thing with the ball being used for pulverising but as a handle i cant see a problem

looks good and will work well if you dont mind the exercise :)

i made a shorter version of yours but found that a hammer drill worked quite fast too with a flat block welded on the end of an old chisel

trouble is few people have 240V power in the field to run a hammer drill but i take samples back with me usually

I have a Hitachi jack hammer but I don't think the neighbors would be very happy with me if I used it with the dolly pot. :lol:
The guy that made it reckons it's really hard to bend. I suppose I have to try it to see. It is much lighter and nice to hold in your hand. It is only $40 worth of steel plus labour so cheaper than bought one.
I usually take samples home with me too but this is quiet portable even with the 6 foot bar.
Thanks for the comments.

A fibreglass handle from Bunnings, for my new Stavr stainless steel scoop, which I received a couple of days ago from the Ukraine.

Ok I splashed out, just seems I know so little. :lol:

Item Status: Confirmed
Title: Rocks & Minerals (Pocket Nature)
Author: Walsh, Kevin
Quantity: 1
Book Description: The book has been read, but is in excellent condition. Pages are intact and not marred by notes or highlighting. The spine remains undamaged.

Book Price: US$ 1.00
Shipping Price: US$ 7.98

Abebooks if your interested

I was planning on a Walbanker. I had my bread crate ready and cut out....priced some 1.6 ally ($136 a sheet locally)

Then I spotted this on Ebay for $300
1392073758__572.jpg

1392073790__57.jpg

I also picked up a 36,000 LPH pump for $130 ( free postage...yayyy)....I know it is heavier...but a spot the missus and I want to go back to has a steep bank, and need to get the water up to where we will be working...at least 7-8 metres above. So plenty of water even with the height difference.
I will grab a light pump for trekking at a later date.
1392074045_pump.jpg

Now for some hoses and connections, and we can give the unit a test run west of Taree just to try it out ( poor gold area).
Come Autumn and we will find the time to venture out to the Turon river.....praying for good rain west of the ranges...fingers crossed

Horse

Similar to mine except mine has no expanded mesh and the mat in mine is blue ribbed mat. It has a 2200 gph 12 volt pump, a good little unit. I'm thinking about setting up spray bars on it and see how it goes.
:) Mick

I am from taree and have one of those pumps.. I had to refit the rubber gaskets on the water pump to get it to work.. It pumps well now.. I recommend changing the oil before use as well... great looking setup.. :)
Horse said:
I was planning on a Walbanker. I had my bread crate ready and cut out....priced some 1.6 ally ($136 a sheet locally)

Then I spotted this on Ebay for $300
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/2101/1392073758__572.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/2101/1392073790__57.jpg

I also picked up a 36,000 LPH pump for $130 ( free postage...yayyy)....I know it is heavier...but a spot the missus and I want to go back to has a steep bank, and need to get the water up to where we will be working...at least 7-8 metres above. So plenty of water even with the height difference.
I will grab a light pump for trekking at a later date.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/2101/1392074045_pump.jpg

Now for some hoses and connections, and we can give the unit a test run west of Taree just to try it out ( poor gold area).
Come Autumn and we will find the time to venture out to the Turon river.....praying for good rain west of the ranges...fingers crossed

Horse

Latest posts