Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PenFooey, good buy, a popular model.
Jump onto the Myswag forums, they have a section dominated by CUB owners who have posted pics of their
problems and modifications over the years.
A wealth of info.
http://www.myswag.org/index.php

Today I bought 3 burner gas stove, half full 9 kg gas bottle, ice box 48 litre, and 22 icepacks for $155, and while looking at the map for an address noticed sunglasses on the side of the road, had a look , immaculate raybans few scratches on the frame, worth $280. Just broke the frame of my old ones. Best day ive had in a while, well since the last sapphire

Today I bought a waterproof, dust proof, shock resistant Otter case for my Samsung Galaxy S4. Just got my phone back from getting the screen replaced after dropping it in the carport, and breaking the screen glass. Luckily it was insured, otherwise it would have cost over $300 to replace, hence the HD phone case! ;)

1392192174_img_20140212_183029.jpg

Gold pick, they are amazing! I have a lifeproof case for my iphone 5S and it never comes out of it! Well worth it for prospectors!

BigSam said:
Gold pick, they are amazing! I have a lifeproof case for my iphone 5S and it never comes out of it! Well worth it for prospectors!
I have one of those too. Some people complain they can't hear me well. Do you have the same problem?
It takes great videos under water though.

I also have that problem beagleboy, I just open the charging flap and it seems to work better.

BigSam said:
I also have that problem beagleboy, I just open the charging flap and it seems to work better.

When at work or in the car I use a blue tooth ear piece. I tried to call my phone from another phone and I could hear it fine so I am not sure why some people say the sound is little bit muffled. It is a little compromise to protect your phone.

Goldpick said:
. Luckily it was insured, otherwise it would have cost over $300 to replace, hence the HD phone case! ;)

Hey Goldpick Ive heard this $300 figure thrown around before, reality is a new aftermarket screen can be purchased for around $15. Ive been looking for a dust proof case myself, are you finding it has reduced your reception?

kawman said:
Buy some correct type silicone spray for the zippers asap... The area of canvas on the EARLY MODEL spacematics was far too large and burst the zippers a lot ..especialy the doorway zipper... I repaired dozens of them... I don't know if they have sorted this on later models and hope I may save you some trouble with this info...Most of the trouble came from shrinkage in the canvas...about 3% longitudinaly and approx. 1.5% in the width of the canvas.. over the top of a spacematic the canvas will shrink in length by about 250 mm.. hope this helps.. :)
penfooey said:
On Sunday I bought a Cub Off Road Drover Spacematic camper trailer at the Newcastle Camping Show. Once it is built it will fit the Engel fridge/freezer and the 60 L Engel BEER FRIDGE. What more could a person want in retirement......mmmmm beer...... :p

Thanks for that info. Will check it out. I did research these for about 6 months and overall the Cub seemed to be the best buy for us. The camper is getting built in Sydney as we speak. I will ask the question about the zippers and see what they have to say about it. We did happen to speak to some Cub owners that were at the show to upgrade....and we know some couples also that have the Cub. Either way, I will still check out the silicone spray. Cub did say that any problems and they would correct them - hmmmm

Redfin said:
PenFooey, good buy, a popular model.
Jump onto the Myswag forums, they have a section dominated by CUB owners who have posted pics of their
problems and modifications over the years.
A wealth of info.
http://www.myswag.org/index.php

Hey Redfin, what an excellent site - it really does have a lot of helfpful info. Will have a good look today. THANKS!

G0lddigg@ said:
Goldpick said:
. Luckily it was insured, otherwise it would have cost over $300 to replace, hence the HD phone case! ;)

Hey Goldpick Ive heard this $300 figure thrown around before, reality is a new aftermarket screen can be purchased for around $15. Ive been looking for a dust proof case myself, are you finding it has reduced your reception?

Reception seems fine so far, full bars (if I was on optus, that would be a different story). The pricing was on the insurance receipt, so it wasn't the retail price for an end user. To replace the outer glass screen, it costs under $20 from ebay, but to buy the screen glass and digitiser, you are looking at anywhere between $250-300. :)

Today I bought a ground sheet and a battery jumper/compressor from Aldi. Getting ready for my next trip. :D

Minelab GP 3500 purchased for $1800 with 3 coils including 450mm DD worth $450 new.

That's an awesome pickup, but I think they have slipped you a spaceship (the brown one)!

Don't understand but that coil has found a few ounces in WA.

But that's ok I am going to sell it once I work out what this detector is capable of doing once Ismael finishes modding it :)

Anyone after a 3500 you can still pick these up between $2000 to $3000 depending on the package on offer.

Once I have the 3500 tweaked as needed with the right coils and wireless setup I am confident of finding gold.

The 8" detech mono coil arrived today and is a solid coil to say the least and will be used around rich alluvial gold fields.

Will post a photo again once its ready for prospecting..

Below is the Mod done by Ismael on a GP 3500 which will be similar to mine.

[video=480,360]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT4iFsa5BLM[/video]

Hi Wolfau,

Sorry that was my poor attempt at humour.

The brown coil is MASSIVE!

You have got yourself a bargain and I will look to something similar in the future. I cant justify a $6500 GPX 5000 detector when we live 4.5 hours drive to the nearest gold nuggets. Maybe when I retire!!!!

P.s Still waiting to dig that (Early) Retirement Stone!

Retirement Stone said:
Hi Wolfau,

Sorry that was my poor attempt at humour.

The brown coil is MASSIVE!

You have got yourself a bargain and I will look to something similar in the future. I cant justify a $6500 GPX 5000 detector when we live 4.5 hours drive to the nearest gold nuggets. Maybe when I retire!!!!

P.s Still waiting to dig that (Early) Retirement Stone!

Just keep at it. Your chances increase as soon as your out there looking.

You don't need to spend $6500 on a GPX. There are many machines you can look at buying.

Thanks for reading.

Joe

gadgetman45 said:
A fibreglass handle from Bunnings, for my new Stavr stainless steel scoop, which I received a couple of days ago from the Ukraine.
1392273308_scoop_x2.jpg

1392273352_steel_scoop_002x2.jpg

This is the finished item, Stainless steel scoop from Stavr scoops, in the Ukraine, this one is called the envirotractor, more like a bloody frontend loader bucket with holes if you ask me, it's awesome

gadgetman45 said:
gadgetman45 said:
A fibreglass handle from Bunnings, for my new Stavr stainless steel scoop, which I received a couple of days ago from the Ukraine.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/752/1392273308_scoop_x2.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/752/1392273352_steel_scoop_002x2.jpg
This is the finished item, Stainless steel scoop from Stavr scoops, in the Ukraine, this one is called the envirotractor, more like a bloody frontend loader bucket with holes if you ask me, it's awesome

I have one of those.

The spade I purchased was from Mitre 10. It has a metal pole inside the fibreglass shaft.

Does yours have a metal pole inside the fibreglass shaft?

gadgetman45 said:
gadgetman45 said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/752/1392273308_scoop_x2.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/752/1392273352_steel_scoop_002x2.jpg

That looks pretty good

Latest posts