Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought a Whites DD 6x10" elliptical coil for the GM3, to replace the concentric coil for highly mineralised areas. Should compliment the 6x4" Shooter as a general detecting coil.

1387504510_801-3214-b.jpg

I bought a Garrett Pro Pointer and received it today ...

8AC8B516-0117-420B-A982-4CBBCDF85917_zpswksrlzbe.jpg

My son bought the Minelab version and we have used it for a couple of weeks. It does the job but the Garrett is more sensitive and goes deeper from our preliminary testing - I will let you know how it goes in the field. ;)

Thanks for the info Paul - I am trying to decide which one to get as well. Be very interested in your tests. Leaning towrads the Garrett at the moment.

Needless to say, I won't be getting any Christmas prezzies, went down to Miners Den to get a beach scoop came back with a small gold nugget scoop, and a Coiltek WOT for the XT17000 instead, especially upon reading Argyle's comments on this coil with the Eureka/XT18000/XT17000. Funnily enough, it is currently the same price as the Goldsearch 11", plus being fully water proof made it an easy choice.

1387524741_img_20131220_180357.jpg

Paulmarr said:
I bought a Garrett Pro Pointer and received it today ...

My son bought the Minelab version and we have used it for a couple of weeks. It does the job but the Garrett is more sensitive and goes deeper from our preliminary testing - I will let you know how it goes in the field. ;)

Looking forward to hearing how it goes. Same as Loamer, I'm looking at buying one also.

They both have their pros and cons, the Garrett may be more sensitive, but their track record for quality control regarding dodgy sensors and the infamous button issue was enough to put me off. No issues with the Profind so far, even think I'm warming to the Nokta RS now. I think Phil at the Gold Mining Centre in Adelaide is still doing the Propointers for $160, plus $10 postage or free pickup. He has fixed many propointers over the years, and personally checks the functionality of each one he sells so you don't end up with a doa pinpointer, or one with the known issues.

Warranties are great, but who wants to ship their pinpointer back and forth all the time getting things fixed or totally replaced, when they should just work properly in the first place. :)

i just like to stir the old man - im sure it works just as well. im keen to see the depth on it

It's a bit like a holden vs ford thing really, both pinpointers will do the job, just have to remember that they are pinpointers, not detectors. ;)

I got one them as well :) I left it out one night and WTF there was a 4 gram nugget on it in the morning :p I said I'm going to another one :)

its amazing how bunnings responds to seasonal changes with their product lines

they released that short handled shovel just in time for Santas Elves coming off shift and starting their holidays digging the creeks around Oz.