Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moneybox said:
dwt said:
Moneybox said:
Yesterday morning I phoned the shipper to find my new tyres that I ordered last year from Interco in USA. They are still floating on the Pacific somewhere so I had to rush up to Perth and buy four BFG's the same size. They don't have a high enough load rating but they are better than what we've got and they came at half the price. Unfortunately we have an oddball size 35/12.5R16.5 so we don't have too many choices.

We should have left today but at least I got the new tyres fitted and we should be off tomorrow on the road until the end of July if all goes well :cool:
Prospecting trip mate? :)

Yeah heading east to Minerama in Glen Ines if we make it in time. We could just make a little diversion into the southern WA goldfields on the way through just to initiate Sandra's SDC2300 ;) . Then up to Stanthorpe for a geocaching mega event 2-6th April. From there heading north looking for more gemstones and gold. Most likely as far north as Mt Surprise west of Cairns.
Sounds like a good trip, not interested in starting a day/days travel story up, I'd reckon it would be pretty cool to see an online diary of the trip :cool:

Final piece of the puzzle came today. Bought from site sponsor Ratovic for very good price, delivered.
1425278232_img_2077.jpg

10 days ago I got one of these.
1425278340_img_2053.jpg

And finally I have upgraded to a new Walbanker. Got it from Detectaden in Canberra. Paid for it on Thursday and arrived on my doorstep on Monday.
1425278473_img_2052.jpg

Now I just have to find some time to give it a work out. :)

Nice Beagleboy! Go Get that thing dirty mate... ;)
You have now officially joined the (my bankers bigger than yours) club.... :D

And what was your total $$$$ mate .

yobskin said:
Nice Beagleboy! Go Get that thing dirty mate... ;)
You have now officially joined the (my bankers bigger than yours) club.... :D

And what was your total $$$$ mate .
Thanks mate. As they say it's not about the size..... ;)
I sold my old banker and pump for $700. The Walbanker was $550 as advertised plus $45 delivery to Melbourne. The pump I got from Redshed mower shop for $760. There are I think 3 shops they have around Melbourne. I went to Mitcham store as it is the closest to me. All you have to do to ask for discount. The pump retail price is $820. The hoses and camlocks were about $160 delivered and assembled. I got them from site sponsor Ratovic. I would highly recomend them if you need hoses, camlocks or looking for cheaper pump. He does some very reasonably priced packages. I decided to go with the Honda because I have very good experiance with their equipment.
Now let's get it filthy. Hahaha :lol:

I just bought my Miners Rights online. Got them off ebay from some Chinese fella, thought it might have been dodgy but he assures me they're ridgey didge. ;) Nah just joshing, but just did get my Miners Rights for real. 1 step closer. lol

jamie said:
not today but yesterday afternoon, i went and got the 'gold rush Alaska season 1-3' box set, the fiance rolled her eyes when we got home and i put it on, she now wants to go to Alaska so i can mine the place

I was away for a weekend with my lady and saw an episode of the 1st season of Gold Rush Alaska on TV. That started me on my prospecting journey.

Yesterday I bought........ a book from the Stawell Historical Society, The Gold Mines Of Stawell, by Greg Cameron.

Absolutely love it, heaps of info and pictures/photos.

great job Greg, thanks for all your effort and research.

1426109945_img_00004646.jpg