Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just bought one of these :)

IMG_0340sq_1_1024x1024.jpg

G0lddigg@ said:
Wolfau said:
Just bought one of these :)
Nice pot mate ... best way to drink coffee in my opinion especially on the road lools very well made

Thank You. Its full stainless steel.

You pay for what you get thats my opinion.

It quickly boils up the coffee due to the stainless heating up really quickly.
It cost $82 though and can place on top of a small wood burning fire.
Had to drive in to Vic Market to pick one up.

Its only a 2 cup they ran out of a 4 cup. Just got to find the blend my mum mixes
in with her expresso which ends up tasting really really nice.

If anyone else is interested the buying link is below. Feel free to remove it if
against the forum rules.

http://www.mcivers.melbourne/collec.../avanti-art-deco-stainless-steel-stovetop-pot

I think it beats normal canned coffee. Don't you?

Couldnt agree more stainless is the way to go. I have a bit of a collection of these my first was gifted to me by lavazza i didnt appreciate the quality untill years later. I was a barista for many years and still prefer my coffee this way. I will say thought that many people kill a good cup on these. To get the best out of your coffee never press the coffee down like an espresso machine and moderate heat is best too hot will burn the oil as its pressed out.

I still get funny looks from blokes after digging all day oferring a coffee up and pulling one out of the truck. Fresh coffee is the best no doubt.

Does you mum grind her own blend?

G0lddigg@ said:
Couldnt agree more stainless is the way to go. I have a bit of a collection of these my first was gifted to me by lavazza i didnt appreciate the quality untill years later. I was a barista for many years and still prefer my coffee this way. I will say thought that many people kill a good cup on these. To get the best out of your coffee never press the coffee down like an espresso machine and moderate heat is best too hot will burn the oil as its pressed out.

I still get funny looks from blokes after digging all day oferring a coffee up and pulling one out of the truck. Fresh coffee is the best no doubt.

Yes GD...when you pulled your coffee brewer out it made my thermos of international roast look and taste like rubbish :8

Wolfau said:
Mum just buys the coffee already grinded as an expresso pack.

I just bought a grinder because I think beans may last longer.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/181390320432?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

What Mum does is adds cloves into the express mix and mixes it together.

Just trying to work out the amount she adds.

It gives it a really nice taste. Its the way many Europeans like to drink
their coffee.

nothing like freshly ground beans mate. i get 500grams per week ground locally but if i had the patience i wouold grind it myself. I love the idea of cloves would be an interesting mouth feel kind of like szechuan pepper

MJB said:
G0lddigg@ said:

Yes GD...when you pulled your coffee brewer out it made my thermos of international roast look and taste like rubbish :8

lol i offered you a brew mate... :)

G0lddigg@ said:
Wolfau said:
Mum just buys the coffee already grinded as an expresso pack.

I just bought a grinder because I think beans may last longer.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/181390320432?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

What Mum does is adds cloves into the express mix and mixes it together.

Just trying to work out the amount she adds.

It gives it a really nice taste. Its the way many Europeans like to drink
their coffee.

nothing like freshly ground beans mate. i get 500grams per week ground locally but if i had the patience i wouold grind it myself. I love the idea of cloves would be an interesting mouth feel kind of like szechuan pepper

Its not really peppery. Its more sweet and turns makes the coffee a tad suttle if that makes
sense.

Picked up an aluminium 12 foot extension pole.
Its made washing the outside windows today at the back of the house so much easier (I have a slightly sloping block from front to rear).
No more dragging the big extension ladder around the backyard as I go now. Only need a bucket of suds, the pole + the sponge & the rubber wiper blade that pops onto the end.
Should of bought one of these many years ago. :8

Yesterday morning I phoned the shipper to find my new tyres that I ordered last year from Interco in USA. They are still floating on the Pacific somewhere so I had to rush up to Perth and buy four BFG's the same size. They don't have a high enough load rating but they are better than what we've got and they came at half the price. Unfortunately we have an oddball size 35/12.5R16.5 so we don't have too many choices.

We should have left today but at least I got the new tyres fitted and we should be off tomorrow on the road until the end of July if all goes well :cool:

Moneybox said:
Yesterday morning I phoned the shipper to find my new tyres that I ordered last year from Interco in USA. They are still floating on the Pacific somewhere so I had to rush up to Perth and buy four BFG's the same size. They don't have a high enough load rating but they are better than what we've got and they came at half the price. Unfortunately we have an oddball size 35/12.5R16.5 so we don't have too many choices.

We should have left today but at least I got the new tyres fitted and we should be off tomorrow on the road until the end of July if all goes well :cool:
Prospecting trip mate? :)

yobskin said:
noncents said:
G0lddigg@ said:
Wolfau said:
Nice pot mate ... best way to drink coffee in my opinion especially on the road lools very well made
x2 :)
Heres my set up
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1725/1425097854_1411191154_image.jpg
Close but no hotdogs.... :D

Hey there yobskin,
the genie is out of the lamp again:D
HOTDOGS!!! About 10 years ago I went to the footy with a couple of mates and one of them brought his own hotdogs in a flask for him and his son.
The problem was though that it had a very small opening and because he jammed 4 hotdogs inside none of them would line up so he could get them out.
I laughed so hard at his frustration and then wen and bought one for myself.
ok, it's time to get back in the lamp.
Cheers Steve :lol:

dwt said:
Moneybox said:

Prospecting trip mate? :)

Yeah heading east to Minerama in Glen Ines if we make it in time. We could just make a little diversion into the southern WA goldfields on the way through just to initiate Sandra's SDC2300 ;) . Then up to Stanthorpe for a geocaching mega event 2-6th April. From there heading north looking for more gemstones and gold. Most likely as far north as Mt Surprise west of Cairns.