They will not be back...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kawman

steve wardle
Reaction score
I was at my mates house out of town the other day... A newish merc cruised up thru the paddock and parked in front of the very old and rundown house with cars,boats,vans and 20 ton of other stuff in the yard.... They had never seen a goat on a chain before and parked in the evil mongrel goats chain circle.... The goat jumped up on the bonnet dragging its chain over the mudguard and gave the people in the car its really nasty eye off.. At this point the goat put its head down, rared up on its rear legs head down ready to strike.. The jehovise whitnesses started screaming and left with the tires smoking in reverse and me and my mate laughing so hard I could not do anything to stop it happening... That goat has to go..We will have a split roast.. Much better than a spit..Cooks perfect right thru and only have to turn a few times.... We have fun up here in taree... :)

I would love to borrow the goat for salesmen. Ahahhahahahahah Cheers Peter

Hahaha, I seen a similar thing with a merc in Victoria. It was shining that much that a peacock could see his reflection and was pecking it flat out. I went for a walk and came back an hour later and he was still doing it! Made a mess of the side of his car.

DD

I was up in outback QLD back in the seventies and breezed into a small township, actually there was only a pub there, and wondered why all the cars were parked out in the sun on a fourty two degree day when there was shade under these nice trees around the place.
I parked the car in the shade and went and had a thirst quencher or three. When I came out I soon saw why noone parked under the trees here as there were two goats on my bonnet reaching up to eat the lower branches. Made a real good mess of the duco too.
Can't remember the name of the place which isn't surprising as in those days I only lived from one pub to the next. Have reformed considerably now.
Pete

Good fun .. Did you notice that the dogs on chains out that way know the length of their chain to the inch?? The cunning buggers bury the chain in the dust and wait until you are in range to strike.. Yep a lot of good yarns are to be had.. :lol:

I spent quite a few years in PNG and the stray dogs up there had a habit of chewing the rubber bits on the rear bumper bars of vehicles

You finally either got used to it or removed them as soon as you bought a vehicle so that you could put them back on when you sold it later

Damn Kawman, after seeing that picture, is that you? If I were you id be eating that goat NOW. For crying out loud, someone give him a MacDonalds voucher will ya :lol:

I have a mate who keeps Boer goats on his property. His wife thinks they are all pets.
They had 4 kid goats rejected by their mothers so his wife decided to hand raise them. Anyway they would take them home with them after each weekend visit.
As they grew they progressed from cardboard box to a caged trailer.
They are now a pain in the arse because if you leave the door open in your car you have 4 fully grown goats pushing each other to get inside the car to go for a drive.
If he takes his Navara into their paddock they will climb into the tray and scratch hell out of the paint in doing so.
Moral of the story. Don't hand raise goats if you value your vehicle.

Cheers
Mick

xobazzip said:
I spent quite a few years in PNG and the stray dogs up there had a habit of chewing the rubber bits on the rear bumper bars of vehicles

You finally either got used to it or removed them as soon as you bought a vehicle so that you could put them back on when you sold it later
My mates dogs eat rubber mudflaps off cars parked in his yard.. :)

Just like the time the JW's came around to my parents, they had a lot of faith I'll give them that, you would have to to enter a property with about 12 Great Danes running loose after a week of rain, with a DO NOT ENTER sign on the gate. Danes love to jump up a give you a hug :D and a big slobbery lick across the face.

These people did not return.

When i was young we had some property in Kangaroo Valley, my dad got sick of mowing the back paddock and decided to get a sheep to keep the grass at bay; he got a ram :rolleyes: This was one mean ram who butted anyone and anything that came within range. My dad got sick of being chased around by the ram so got a rope and tied the ram to an old tyre, figuring it could not gain enough momentum attached to the tyre to do any damage.
I had always been cautious of the ram and had managed not to get butted by this stage, but after dad tied him up i started to gain more courage. Well i learnt the hard way that a tyre does not really slow a determined ram very much :eek:
I told dad that i had been butted regardless of the tyre but he just thought i got too close :|
A couple of days later dad was practising his golf in the back paddock he found out that the ram could run just as fast as before he was attached to the tyre. Insted of legging it, dad swung his golf club. Which shocked me at first :eek: But to his dismay the club just bent around the animals head, not slowing him in the least. Well dad went flying through the air and landed running :D I have never laughed so hard. But sad to say the ram dissapeared two days later ;)

As a kid my Dad took us to visit relatives just out of Wagga. When we pulled up outside the house we were greeted with "f#@k off, piss off". To say my Mum was shocked was an understatement. We then looked up and it was their cocky in the tree which the kids had taught to swear. I thought it was hilarious. :lol:

kawman said:
I was at my mates house out of town the other day... A newish merc cruised up thru the paddock and parked in front of the very old and rundown house with cars,boats,vans and 20 ton of other stuff in the yard.... They had never seen a goat on a chain before and parked in the evil mongrel goats chain circle.... The goat jumped up on the bonnet dragging its chain over the mudguard and gave the people in the car its really nasty eye off.. At this point the goat put its head down, rared up on its rear legs head down ready to strike.. The jehovise whitnesses started screaming and left with the tires smoking in reverse and me and my mate laughing so hard I could not do anything to stop it happening... That goat has to go..We will have a split roast.. Much better than a spit..Cooks perfect right thru and only have to turn a few times.... We have fun up here in taree... :)

Hahaha priceless, youve brought back some good memorys, when I was a young bloke my mate had the meanest billy (BISMARK) you've ever seen tied up to the front of the house to keep sales people and religious folk away. All friends and family always knew to drive up and around the house and park in the back paddock.

One day after we were breaching the law slightly, the local cops drove up the driveway and parked right out the front of the house, whilst my mate ran to hide the evidence in his shed, the rest of us walked out the front to delay the cops. But old Bismark the destroyer had beat us to the punch, charging up behind the cops and launching head first straight into the officer and sent him flying. We p@&$ed ourselves laughing as the cops
Scrambled back into the car and parked down the driveway talking to us over a loud speaker instructing us to lock the goat up.

After the cops left the council sent the ranger out with the goat being declared a dangerous animal by the local council, they wanted to destroy him but left empty handed and my mate still had him for years after.

Good memory's

Latest posts