The wave

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bjay said:
madtuna said:
The only ones I dont wave to are the vans with a big sticker on the back like Mavis & Fred channel 40 say hi. They scare me. You know theyre like a mobile Bates motel with 2 Engels full of dismembered bodies.

It starts with a wave, then a chat at the next servo, then coffee at the next rest stop and before you know it, youre pet food. :eek:
Funny thing. Grew up on a share farm as a kid . And I kid you not there names were Fred and Mavis. (Freaky).

My grand parents were Fred and Mavis.

And they were a bit.Fred had a ripper wig that he swore black and blue was his reall hair until I bet my mate a box of beer if hed lift it off. Didnt go down to well but proved a point, and we didnt end up in the freezer. :)

Did the short lap last year WA, SA, QLD, FNQ, NT back to Perth.

I think I have the rules sussed

1 You need to be out of a major city.

2 Always acknowledge your clone traveler, (same setup) this to be at least 2 fingers raised up to the full flapping hand

3 Same vehicle and setup, go for it, get the misses, call the cops, the double wave is on.

4 single driver vehicle with no load, move on its a local don't embarrass your self

5 same state number plates, be cool slowly lift one finger

6 Major busy highway, only rule 3 applies

7 out back roads, at least one finger lift to all vehicles

8 with over crowed backpack cars, full wave with laughter and a toot

9 Respect for the Truckies, a nod or one finger is the go

10 be aware of the difference in states, WA leads the way, spread the wave, beware of the snub from some caravan drivers if not same setup

1522066890_img_20170714_105010-2448x1836.jpg

If I have the rules wrong, I don't care ]:D

Cheers
David

Adventure.b4 dementia said:
Did the short lap last year WA, SA, QLD, FNQ, NT back to Perth.

I think I have the rules sussed

1 You need to be out of a major city.

2 Always acknowledge your clone traveler, (same setup) this to be at least 2 fingers raised up to the full flapping hand

3 Same vehicle and setup, go for it, get the misses, call the cops, the double wave is on.

4 single driver vehicle with no load, move on its a local don't embarrass your self

5 same state number plates, be cool slowly lift one finger

6 Major busy highway, only rule 3 applies

7 out back roads, at least one finger lift to all vehicles

8 with over crowed backpack cars, full wave with laughter and a toot

9 Respect for the Truckies, a nod or one finger is the go

10 be aware of the difference in states, WA leads the way, spread the wave, beware of the snub from some caravan drivers if not same setup

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co.../1522066890_img_20170714_105010-2448x1836.jpg

If I have the rules wrong, I don't care ]:D

Cheers
David

you could print this out and distribute it as guide to road waving....
No1 can be broken depending on the age of the landcruiser though,maybe not in the city but major highways yes,pre 80s models.....

The other day I was sitting at the traffic lights when a vehicle pulled up beside me. I glanced across to see a young woman waving at me like mad and with a huge smile on her dial. Well I wondered if she thought maybe I was a famous celebrity or maybe she just really fancied my good looks. :cool: I gave her a big smile and a return wave. Then I noticed her car was the exact same type and colour as mine (an uncommon combination). Bugger it, she was only demonstrating that our cars were the same. Oh well.

Latest posts