The wave

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Whats the protocol reguarding areas to wave to oncoming traffic,coming back from perth camping and caravan expo yesty i got tired of every 5th- 6 car waving,ya do feel a bit guilty if ya dont wave back sometimes,im all for it on backroads,dirt tracks etc cause it says in a sort of way hey here to help if need be but i think its got out of control having to wave on a major highway.
Personally if im on tar i dont wave unless its the same 4x4 or some unusual car etc but then i wont unsually inneciate (spell check) the wave,hit the dirt then its a different story or a mini bus full of skimpys would be worth a wave on the blacktop im sure but the backhander from the wife might take the gloss of it....
Anyway are you a serial waver out on the road or a backroad waver? :)

If going to Kalgoorlie or somewhere I just have one finger set to auto.

Many yrs ago a mate and i were on our way back to halls creek from derby races R&R,i was driving so he was on the turps,we got talking about all the nomads waving,so he ended up mooning everyone for half hr to buck the system,some odd looks came back but some got a good laugh out of it,dont think i touched that pass side windscreen for 2 yrs afterwards,those were the days,bit younger and wilder..... :)

Everyone waved in the old days.... this is a different world now... if you wave they be thinking "who the f***********k are you"... or"what the f**********k are you lookin at"
.... etc etc.
but I don't give a rats, I just wave anyway (if n when I feel like waving) ]:D

Goldchaser1 said:
Many yrs ago a mate and i were on our way back to halls creek from derby races R&R,i was driving so he was on the turps,we got talking about all the nomads waving,so he ended up mooning everyone for half hr to buck the system,some odd looks came back but some got a good laugh out of it,dont think i touched that pass side windscreen for 2 yrs afterwards,those were the days,bit younger and wilder..... :)
I remember going up the main street in the rear seat of my brothers old holden station wagon and he's talking away to his mate in the front seat n looks back and see's that I'm throwing a continuous brown eye, with the window down too.... (ha) was doing it the entire way n didn't he throw a fit.... ya'd think I'd done something wrong lol
]:D :lol: :lol: :lol:

silver said:
Goldchaser1 said:
I remember going up the main street in the rear seat of my brothers old holden station wagon and he's talking away to his mate in the front seat n looks back and see's that I'm throwing a continuous brown eye, with the window down too.... (ha) was doing it the entire way n didn't he throw a fit.... ya'd think I'd done something wrong lol
]:D :lol: :lol: :lol:

:) :) :) yeah silver is just what young aussie blokes do,completely normal......

Next time I do a long haul trip on the bitumen I'm getting one of those little hands on a spring to keep everyone happy, nearly every truck had one back beyond the 80's. Normal driving I wave to anyone I know or recognise. In the truck I wave to most other truck's it's just the done thing to acknowledge each other. But the people who have no regard for anyone other than themselves always get the reverse single finger wave.

The only ones I dont wave to are the vans with a big sticker on the back like Mavis & Fred channel 40 say hi. They scare me. You know theyre like a mobile Bates motel with 2 Engels full of dismembered bodies.

It starts with a wave, then a chat at the next servo, then coffee at the next rest stop and before you know it, youre pet food. :eek:

reminds me , back in the 70s was when no one drove around the city in this case brisbane in daylight with the headlights on but the mate and i quite often would drive across brissy mid day with our lights on just so we could count or keep score of how many people flashed us to tell us we had our lights on . we got some quite high scroes some days .

johno

madtuna said:
The only ones I dont wave to are the vans with a big sticker on the back like Mavis & Fred channel 40 say hi. They scare me. You know theyre like a mobile Bates motel with 2 Engels full of dismembered bodies.

It starts with a wave, then a chat at the next servo, then coffee at the next rest stop and before you know it, youre pet food. :eek:
Funny thing. Grew up on a share farm as a kid . And I kid you not there names were Fred and Mavis. (Freaky).

Latest posts