The Sheik of tuena Creek

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldrocs

Dave
Reaction score
Bob The Sheik of tuena Creek sitting down on the job,

car008w.jpg

And the gear used on the weekend..

car010p.jpg

There was a bit of gold found but i'll let franics put it up...
Cheers GR...

p.s Alot of gold was found :p :p

Good to see that the sheik only uses the "DELUX" style seating arrangement, with built in ventilation baffles, and fully water resistant main frame construction.....Cheers Wal. :D

Dave
The Sheik said to tell you that Lizzies Island has given up all all her gold :(
We ended up with 6.3gr for the 5 days. :rolleyes: Not bad for flood gold (all small stuff as you know). If any of it had a bit of weight about it it would have been a good little lot. Never mind... always next week. :cool: Photos to follow.
Fran

Just wait till Franma sees him sitting down on the job !!!!
Them whips are gonna crack.. :)
Bobs got it all down to a fine art.

After another weigh up it was 6.4 gr. There was some was still in the bottle :D
Bob worked with Dave on Saturday morning before he came home to get me & they did pretty well. I think it was 2.2 gr for the morning. Is that right Dave? Then the 3 of us worked together yesterday & the total was 1.2 gr. Bob & I worked the same area for 3 wash ups today only 40 mins each wash & ended up with .6 gr. not as good as the last few days.
IMG_1064_zpsab3e262f.jpg

Dave hard at work
IMG_1072_zps80b1d88c.jpg

IMG_1074_zpsdfbec6b3.jpg

two different views of the 6.4 gr. All small stuff some Oallen size. The brown bits are ironstone with a speck of gold on them

Franma

Great work guys,....some good looking flood gold there, and it looks like everybody got a good workout,..except Bob " the Sheik " who unfortunately got photographed sitting down on the job lol :eek: best of luck on the next trip.Cheers Wal. :)

I'll have to get the whip out to Bob if he keeps sitting down on the job Wal :D

ran

Good idea fran, we have an image and very high standard of work ethics to uphold here amongst the forum members :eek: :) , and to be seen (or even worse ) photographed ,sitting down on the job can send wrong messages to the newbies as to how hard it really is to win gold....I think I might even have to have a word of discipline to Bob myself...lol cheers Wal

Thats what I'm doing wrong, not sitting down enough :D good to see you boys getting some good colour.
Cheers
Skip

Skip tried that method yesterday sitting down :) next to Dave and DD and i can tell you that doesn't work either :lol: my four hours of recreational shoveling (into HB) would equal to half hour full steam on the dry blower between DD and Dave. Man got to get myself one of those in near future who needs water?

I see OL' MATE like to use the traditional steel pan -- old habits die hard ? -- or old and bold

We like the old style pans. I've watched others use the new green ones & had a try of Dave's & I don't know if I trust it :rolleyes: but I guess we have been doing it this way too long now to change. I might try a Garrett one day to see how I go with them. :D
cheers
ran :)

Fran, the Garret is the bee's knee's, I still have the old steel ones from when I started.
I just bought a Estwing pan and it seems to be a pan to use.
A change is as good as a holiday..
Brad

Latest posts