The prospecting inquiry submissions are now closed

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Time to voice your support everyone.

http://www.veac.vic.gov.au/investigation/investigation-into-additional-prospecting-areas-in-parks

This is the one best chance we're going to get to have some more areas opened up to low impact prospecting.

I've sent off my email to support this.

Please band together & do the same - even if you don't live near one of these areas, you may one day pass thru or know someone who would prospect the areas if allowed.

A simple not to say you support it & some reasons why.

The more support from us prospectors the better our chances.

Please don't just sit back & see how it goes. Spend a few minutes & send of an email.

Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2013 12:34 PM
Subject: Submissions due tomorrow

Good afternoon everyone.

The clock is ticking down to the deadline for submissions to VEAC's prospecting inquiry.

If you haven't yet done a submission can I ask that you make sure you do and that you get it to VEAC by 5pm tomorrow.

Submissions can be emailed to [email protected]

VEAC has put up some interesting information on their website that you may find useful: VEAC Resources

I can't stress enough the importance of making a submission. If you need a further push, see what the Victorian National Parks Assocaition are urging their members to do: VNPA Prospecting Page

We are up against a well-financed group with many paid staff and lots of resources.

They are up against a passionate, underfinanced group with no paid staff but lots of active members! Please play your part and ensure you make a submission.

If you need further information, please refer to the letter we sent to you recently. If you didn't get one, let me know and I will email one to you today.

I am working on the PMAV's submission so won't be going far from my computer!

Best regards to you all,

Rita

Rita Bentley

President, Prospectors and Miners Association of Victoria.

Phone: 0408 328 640

http://www.pmav.org.au

I'm not too sure what to write, hows this sound?

Nugget said:
I would like to show my support for the Investigation into Additional Prospecting Areas in Parks.

Gold prospecting has been going on in our country for almost two hundred years, over the last several decades more and more of the popular prospecting and fossicking locations have either been privatised or have had some form of restrictions placed on them.

We need to protect the prospecting rights on existing gold barring land and reopen some of the previously closed off locations to the public.

Prospecting was a crucial part of Australian heritage and is a right in my view.

Great!

Yep, just like you got.
Maybe mention one of the parks you'd most want opened up or one you'd likely to visit.

I mentioned the benefit of tourism $ to local small towns & whole areas - accomodation, fuel, supermarkets, milkbars etc. they'l all benefit from areas opened up again.

All these areas were prospected in the gold rushes & there's still gold there for all.

Mention about LOW IMPACT prospecting.

We don't make mine shafts or runnels & hydraulic sluicing is somethign from the past.

Panning & detecting causes little to no dameage to invironment or wild life.

32 views - I'm hoping all 32 have put in your submission.

We won't get a chance like this for a very long time - if ever again.

Get behind the PMAV & support this please.

How good would it be if some of the national parks that have rich gold fields in them get opened up to allow panning & detecting once again. :D

8 hours left to show your support. We need more numbers or we'll get out numbered by the Greenies once again.

Where am I sending this nugget?

I would like to show my support for the Investigation into Additional Prospecting Areas in Parks

Since been forced to move to the city, and have been raised in the wide open spaces of the bush its a good thing to still have a few spots to go to unhinded.

My experience in the field of metal detecting and prospecting is limited but with today kids and adults sitting around thinking about doing some thing and getting fat is extreamyl deverstating.

With the opening of new places and or keeping places open will surely advance tourism and recreation in the local towns, stores, petrol stations and general stores etc will benefit.

I can say they my boys and I will look forward to some where new to prospect and detect.

Also been a short member of a prospecting forum, a strick code of conduct seams to be up held by all who are serious of this great hobby.

Please open more areas to the detecting and prospecting community. :)

Ha nugget this what you want?

Not sure if anything sent after 5pm today counts 8.( (dunno about what the go is with the different time zones - guess it was Melbourne time)

Thanks to all who voiced your support.

Now that we've all submitted our support - it's time to sit back & await the outcome.
Haven't read that far ahead on when that happens

Good on ya Shiv!
Way I see it - if us Vicco's get areas re-opened then perhaps other states may follow & we all benefit.

Latest posts