The G1 highbanker

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mate I certainly have seen your very informative videos. Well done indeed.
I always look for even percentage points on recovery, because with bulk amounts, and todays prices, any loss equates to big $$.
We had a basic formula that we would process, in our ground, at 1 in a 100, (1 ounce in 100 tonne) at a general loss rate of 12%.
So, a few quick sums, would tell you how much we potentially lose, some accept the loss, we try to minimise that!
I will look at the bread box design on a larger scale!

Best of luck on your venture up there Gold miner....and if you ever find that creek your talking about my offer still stands...lol.Cheers Wal. :)

Got a deal there mate....I'll start researching all the creeks that Lassiters' horse drank from and work on the process of elimination...lol. Cheers Wal. :)

Just an idea Gold miner....make a short version,including the mat and attach it to the end of your existing arrangement. Will soon give you an idea of what fines are going through....you may be lucky up there and not be dealing too much with flower gold. Cheers Wal. :)

Looking great there Mick...that will certainly get some good results from that secret spot of yours. Don't forget to post some pics of the loot..Cheers Wal. :)

Good looking unit Mick. Nicely thought out.Should live up to its name.
Just hook the spa behind the Cruiser and your set :) :)
Highbank through the day and relax in the evening in the spa...
Cheers
Chris

Hey Mick....we're having a members outing at Tuena... end of April,...would be great to see you there, and it would be fantastic to have that spa there after the long ,back breaking,muscle tearing shovel crunching diggers finish at the end of the day..lol.Cheers Wal. :)

Hay Wal,
I haven't been to Tuena and it's on my list.
I'm considering turning up, it just depends on what is happening around here.
I've been meaning to catch up with SJY120 (Stuart) from AGP so if I go I'll call him.

Cheers
Mick

backcreek said:
Hay Wal,
I haven't been to Tuena and it's on my list.
I'm considering turning up, it just depends on what is happening around here.
I've been meaning to catch up with SJY120 (Stuart) from AGP so if I go I'll call him.

Cheers
Mick

Mate ,Stuart would be more than welcome, and the more the merrier. I'll be bringing my fire drum and cutting heaps of wood for what should be an entertaining evening...Cheers Wal. :)

Rickd said:
Great info , how much $ to get set up

Rick, you can build a hi-banker for as little as $100 if you look around for your materials and build it yourself. You can get a commercial unit from $500 upwards depending on how much volume you want to move. On top of the " Banker " you'll need a pump. These can vary anywhere from $150 to $800 depending on what water volume you need to feed the " Banker ". Try not to make the mistake of getting a pump with too lower pressure to run the " Banker ", otherwise it can make the upgrade an expensive exercise. Cheers Wal. :)

We find that the drop riffles do fill up with sand so we clean up after every cubic metre which then slows down the whole process but it is alot easier to clean up than a system where you have to take the sluice apart. Normally one guy pans the cons while the rest of us keep shoveling into the highbanker. Still cant get more than 1/2 gram per hour out of it. It also loses any "floaty" gold ie the cornflake type bits seem to go right through the box. I am currently working on my 3rd highbanker which will be alot like Wally's but with a 3 inch drop riffle at the bottom made out of pvc pipe. I saw one on youtube and was quiet impressed with it. Atleast I will be able to look in the drop riffle to see if the rest of the box is losing any gold.

If your getting 1/2 gram per hour with a drop riffle sluice you are on a pretty good spot worth persevering with ;) ....best of luck. Cheers Wal. :)

Your not wrong there Wal, I am flat out getting 1gr a day and I think that is pretty darn good.
Keep at it,
Cheers
Brad....

Heavymetal, good info about the G1, I've been looking at one of those for a while.

We find that the drop riffles do fill up with sand so we clean up after every cubic metre which then slows down the whole process but it is alot easier to clean up than a system where you have to take the sluice apart.

It would be interesting to catch your tailings for a while after the drop riffles fill up and see if the system sheds gold. Also, do you find most gold in the top tray and only a little in the bottom one?

regards
Chris

Latest posts