the agricultural societys show medallion + i don,t know what

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markgoldhunter

mark johnston
Reaction score
out detecting an old site on the lower yorke peninsula yesterday and found these. the show medallion, which at first sight I thought might be my first sovereign, has a date of 1925 and is in fairly good nick. the other has me stumped it looks like it might be made of aluminium and at first looked like the top of a small screwdriver but is threaded inside the open end. it may be a vessel of some sort but would not stand by itself.so thinkers throw some suggestions at me.
1423962462_imgp7471.jpg
1423962523_imgp7472.jpg
sorry for fuzzy images I will try to get better shots

Maybe an old tyre valve cap?

Thinking that it may be in the era around 1925. Just a thought.

Cheers Monty

Truck tyre valve cover,... or,.. grease cap from the old days, tighten it a little bit and it pushes more grease in onto a bearing( just maybes though). great finds.

thanks for the comments, I think the tyre valve cover idea might be on the money, however it must be off of something around twice the size of a normal car tyre. I have a mate with a really old trailer I will wander past his place later and check that out but it may be off a tyre from some farming equipment, tractor,header or the like. on the medallion just above the date and to the left side are numbers and letters , as far as I can make out they are 'st8x65 melb 'anyone have any clues to their meaning. melb may be a reference to Melbourne but they were found a long way from there. cheers everyone.