The ACE 150 Challenge

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I seen this on another site but like this site better :) plus I thought it would be fun and informative for others looking to get into detecting on a budget (like me) but curious as to what can be found with a budget priced unit.

As the subject indicates I have an ACE 150 which I have only just recently acquired. My aim here is to see how quickly it pays for itself with what I find, I paid $150. I'll keep it updated with time spent and money found.

Wish me luck!

So far:

TIME SPENT: 83 minutes
MONEY FOUND: $14.25

$'s left to Reach Target: $135.75

If I find anything else of worth that isn't currency I'll post pics as I go along.

So far, so good :)

Great idea farrell. I'm interested in seeing how long it takes for you to see a return on your investment, at the current rate I'm sure it wont take long at all. Best of luck.

Cheers,
Nugget

That's an interesting concept...glad you didn't choose a 5000 :eek: ...real keen to follow the progress. Cheers Wal. :)

I could equip a small army with ACE 150's for the price of a 5000 :p

My aim is to use the proceeds for an upgrade eventually.. my target is for an x-terra 705, no matter how long it takes!

Best of luck and i hope those coins keep flowing...eagerly awaiting your progress and hope the X-terra is under the tree by xmas ....Cheers Wal. :)

Good luck Farrell, be interesting to see how you travel with it! :) cheers Jenmal

TIME SPENT: 2h 25m
MONEY FOUND: $24.80

$'s left to Reach Target: $125.20

Haven't been out much since first post. Tested a few spots with potential but need spend more time.

Getting there!

TIME SPENT: 4h 55m
MONEY FOUND: $32.80
$'s left to Reach Target: $118.20

Slowed up a bit but still progressing. (+ 1st pre decy, a 1960 Shilling.. woot! =P)

Thanks Ramjet.

There's a fellow in my local area wreaking havoc though.. unemployed, spends all day every day detecting the hell out of all the popular and historic sites [that he knows of ;)] and doing a fairly messy job of it. Pretty soon he'll either clean out or get detecting banned in our area.

Needed a rant, really shits me!

farrell said:
Thanks Ramjet.

There's a fellow in my local area wreaking havoc though.. unemployed, spends all day every day detecting the hell out of all the popular and historic sites [that he knows of ;)] and doing a fairly messy job of it. Pretty soon he'll either clean out or get detecting banned in our area.

Needed a rant, really shits me!

G'day Farrell,
Now I know why you were suggesting to me on email the other day about idiots ripping the place up (sounds like you have good reason to be cranky especially if detecting gets banned because of it...) The forums have been a great help so thanks for the heads-up. I can't wait to get out there and dig up my first ring pull...

Well, as inevitability goes I've lost track of time spent coin hunting :eek:

A few hours here and there and I'm now around the $100 mark. As a guess I'd have to say it'd be around the 12-14 hours+ mark of specifically looking for decimals. Nothing sensational but better than a kick in the arse.

Not far now!

Latest posts