thanks for bringing rain with you

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunyip

ben lithgow
Reaction score
Wow wat an action packed week end took some lovely new ppl fossicking friday and saturday but with no water about it made alot of spots very hard to work but of course the cudgegong wont run dry so we had fun eventually but a visit from Rastys 1964 on sunday bought one awesome down pour if rain thankfully after they had left for their trip home now theres oodles of water :) hope everyone had a great weekend n happy new yrs to all :)

You definitely needed the rain down your way, we need more up here too :)
Your fossicking tours would be keeping you busy, we had a quiet Christmas and new year but hope to get back into detecting in a few weeks time.

Cheers

Bunyip

It was good to meet you and B on Saturday down the Cudgegong with my two young fellas. He loved the topaz you showed him.
Yeah plenty of rain up this way at the head of the Cudgegong too, heading downstream to you.
Will see you round again sometime.

Yes brumble-gum it was great meeting you and your boys its an awesome hobby we have and maybe one day i can take you out to find some for yourself topaz is a magic gem but very elusive here in gulgong but i do know were to find some bigger ones just hard work unfortunatley

bunyip said:
Wow wat an action packed week end took some lovely new ppl fossicking friday and saturday but with no water about it made alot of spots very hard to work but of course the cudgegong wont run dry so we had fun eventually but a visit from Rastys 1964 on sunday bought one awesome down pour if rain thankfully after they had left for their trip home now theres oodles of water :) hope everyone had a great weekend n happy new yrs to all :)

Yea, I was watching all the storm cells on the radar on Sunday some of them just seemed to stay put and dumped bucketloads. There were some very good localised falls around Dubbo and Tugranong.

Ben,
thanks once again for the lovely day. Gulgong is a lovely area and also has some gold and gems. even though the day was in the mid 30s the location was well shaded and quite comfortable to dig. I will definitely be heading out that way again. Next time I might sneek out when there are no clouds as this is the second time there has been good storms while I am out that way. Maybe I should starting heading out to the drought areas with the detector to see if I can bring them some rain.

Richard

Latest posts