Taungurung Native title claim granted.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well if your like me have never heard of them?
All public land from Kyneton, to Bright to Kinglake is involved.
As per Dan Andrews usual style NO PUBLIC CONSULTATION, at all?

I wonder if the management plan will exclude prospecting for goldfields within the area?
What restrictions and fees will be imposed upon us? :eek: :N:

Ok no problem it's only about 11% of Vic plenty left :Y: Well for now anyways :(
Note this is Land Title Which differs to Land Rights

Blue area is decided and shaded still in discussion

1540542222_area_effected.jpg

There is a large portion of ground known to be gold bearing in these outlines. I can't comment from the westernmost parts but there are certainly well recognized areas within the identified zoning.

I do recall this recognition of these peoples, maybe a decade ago? It sticks in my mind as this is the part of Victoria my family settled in and has remained in ever since. As a "nephew" (not of blood) of a tribe member of a clan centered around the Edwards River region I had always wondered about the local inhabitants and how they sort to engage with the wider community and peoples occupation of their traditional lands. With this decision I guess I'm one step closer to finding out. Without being disrespectful I've been a custodian in this area since birth and a great deal of my free time is still spent around there.

I'd love to know what hunting and fishing is involved. Its these sorts of decrees that start to make my mind wander in to what comes next. Interesting times ahead.

Latest posts