Tasmania Permits

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here's a quote from a Facebook page ""Tasmanian Metal Detecting"" "I just read that a fellow in Tassie copped a $130 fine for having a metal detector on reserve land without a permit. Does anyone know what that would be about ? Is reserve land the same as Crown Land ? It's in the Game Tracks book you get with hunting license."

Im personally interested in this as to where I can go with my Ace 250 in Tasmania and where I can't go.

I found a few links on Tasmanian Government websites but i'm under 10 posts so I can't post them but they reaffirm the point.

"A person must not, except in accordance with an authority
(a) bring a metal detector into a public reserve; or
(b) have a metal detector in possession in a public reserve

Are these laws in place in the rest of Australia??

I used the Ace 250 in a reserve in the middle of Melbourne at Easter time, there was a soccer ground, kiosk shop lots of park area. Only found a couple of coins. Is this legal to do this in Victoria.

I was in a bus tour in South Australia in early March and we went past a public reserve in Adelaide city area and there was a guy using a metal detector. Was this guy metal detecting illegally????

Latest posts