Tarnagulla Reserve closure

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe they are planning to sell some of it off? Complaints from locals? who knows, the government are just doing their thing - controlling everything and making money where they can't. Let's hope it's for a positive reason like conservation :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Was in Talbot sth a couple of months ago and ran in to police in a 4WD checking for illegal camping and rubbish dumpers. We got followed, stopped, and questioned - but all was done in a very friendly manner.

A-team said:
Maybe they are planning to sell some of it off? Complaints from locals? who knows, the government are just doing their thing - controlling everything and making money where they can't. Let's hope it's for a positive reason like conservation :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Was in Talbot sth a couple of months ago and ran in to police in a 4WD checking for illegal camping and rubbish dumpers. We got followed, stopped, and questioned - but all was done in a very friendly manner.

Followed/questioned by who ? I suspect Parks Victoria rangers/DELWP if so let the PMAV and BUGU know about it. Yes it is their jurisdiction but if they followed you and offered no reason (I hope you questioned them) that's bordering on intimidation and should be treated as such. Unfortunately for us the governments do deals with the greens. Any time we inadvertently run into parks rangers asking questions such as A-team treat everyone of them with caution.

At the members meet up last QB weekend at Whroo we were payed a visit. I was cutting fire wood the reason for the visit is people had been feeling trees. This example isn't worth worrying about given I only cut wood already laying on the ground. A-team your example is worth questioning their motive imo.

Just a Dash said:
Just heard the Tarnagulla Reserve is closing to camping from 7 April. That is a shame as it's a great place to stay.

Need to research where the public consultation is or isn't, 1st I've heard of it and I dare say many others.

RM Outback said:
At the members meet up last QB weekend at Whroo we were payed a visit.

Visits to campouts at Whroo are not uncommon .... it is their job after all, they were keen to hear of any off road dirt bikes we may have seen and we polite and in no way aggressive in their dealings with us.

Similar with Parks staff around Amherst area ...... I was detecting and they had no interest in me .... I approached them and asked what they were doing ..... turns out they were downloading hidden cameras targeting illegal firewood removal.

Do nothing wrong and there's nothing to fear .... too many paranoid people out there looking for conspiracy theories.

Not paranoid one bit more so interested in the details of the explanation "Followed "

At the end of the day their bureaucrats protecting their job as much some times more so than the environment, after all it's their job :| don't think for one minute it doesn't happen.

1616495642_resized_screenshot_20210323-133944_facebook.jpg

If it is that pipe , I think it,s connect to sewer somehow , just inside the main gate on,the left, but i think u find the blocks of land r up
for sale or have been sold that sit in front of the rec grounds,mmm hope they going to up grade this but if its got anything do with Weddeburn council it will take a life time , the carvan park at PYRAMID HILL has been closed for 12 mths now talk about tourism

Self edit. 1st cuppa for the day just kicked in. So I removed my uncharitable comment about the Secretary's public notice :) :coffee:

Could be though that the Secretary has found a patch and wants to keep it for himself :lol:

The tarnagulla rec reserve is owned by delwip and they want to repair the problem, they then are willing to i stall a complete new syztem. That way the facility can stay open which makes sence to me.the lodden shire council have refused to allow this and issued a directive that the park must close permanently. Anyone who has used or will use this great place as a safe base for a trip to the G.T. get off your but and make as much noise as possible. Ringthe council, your state mp it will all help. Pleeeeease.
Jim. :poop: :bomb: :pickshovel: :brokenh:

reynard said:
The tarnagulla rec reserve is owned by delwip and they want to repair the problem, they then are willing to i stall a complete new syztem. That way the facility can stay open which makes sence to me.the lodden shire council have refused to allow this and issued a directive that the park must close permanently. Anyone who has used or will use this great place as a safe base for a trip to the G.T. get off your but and make as much noise as possible. Ringthe council, your state mp it will all help. Pleeeeease.
Jim. :poop: :bomb: :pickshovel: :brokenh:

Thanks for clarifying Jim :Y: I'll send emails to keep a record.

Unfortunately that is one more nail in the coffin for Tarnagulla. They already have a brand new unmanned police station, their general store closed some time ago, so all that is really left is a Post office and a pub. Loddon Shire have given the whole town a heritage overlay, which to some degree is not a bad thing, but if anybody wishes to live in the 21st century it makes it extremely hard for them to build anything new, be it private or commercial. Sadly, it is destined to become a town in name only, just like Rheola and some other GT towns. :N:

Deepseeker said:
Self edit. 1st cuppa for the day just kicked in. So I removed my uncharitable comment about the Secretary's public notice :) :coffee:

Could be though that the Secretary has found a patch and wants to keep it for himself :lol:

Geez, that's a bit unkind mate! :lol:

Next you'll be suggesting that A-team's experience with the cops in the bush at Talbot might have been because they were shooing unwanted visitors away from their marijuana plantation. ;)

A-team said:

Frustrating, the green and red tape around everything, this is a great little asset that is well known and used.

Just seems all too common these days, both state and local govt letting it happen whilst over capitalising on useless projects with virtually nothing anyone can do about it.

im going to ring robin at tourist office she runs the jamboree at weddeburn each year see what going on otherwise i used to work there for a few years ill touch base with a couple of contacts stay tuned :perfect: :perfect:

Deepseeker said:
Unfortunately that is one more nail in the coffin for Tarnagulla. They already have a brand new unmanned police station, their general store closed some time ago, so all that is really left is a Post office and a pub. Loddon Shire have given the whole town a heritage overlay, which to some degree is not a bad thing, but if anybody wishes to live in the 21st century it makes it extremely hard for them to build anything new, be it private or commercial. Sadly, it is destined to become a town in name only, just like Rheola and some other GT towns. :N:

A new supply store opened at Tarnagulla a few weks ago, fresh produce, meat, groceries, prepared meals and takeaway.
https://www.facebook.com/TarnagullaSupplyStore/