Swifts Creek Gold find.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah looks the goods, and on the backers private property. That will make it a bit easier to get a Mining licence. Just A bit :/ . 20grams to the tonne and a width of lode of 3 metres is a good show. I just hope the arsenic levels aren't through the roof like the mines at Cassilis just up the road. :argh:

As they aren't actually mining' just prospecting to define a resource they will (should) not be contaminating the surface water. Arsenic becomes a problem when orebodies are accessed and drained to the surface, or tailings from processing of these ores containing arsenic minerals ( principally Arsenopyrite ) are exposed to O2 in air or water and break down and oxidize.
Elevated Arsenic levels that occur in surface samples of water or soil are considered a good indicator of gold ore bodies nearby as the two are usually associated.

The orebodies within the Cassilis / Bethanga gold belt in North eastern Victoria all contain a complex mix of metal sulphides containing Iron, Arsenic, Lead, Copper, zinc, bismuth, antimony, etc etc.
There is an Australian company called CleanTec that designs systems to treat mine waters by ionic exchange. They have recently commissioned a treatment plant at the largest vic gold producer at Fosterville near Bendigo.

Im no geochemist so will be quite happy to be corrected by those more qualified.

goldierocks said:
Hmmmmm.....

Nothing listed on their website in 7 months so far as I can see.
Hi goldierocks glad you're still around. Whos website were you referring to? CleanTec, or Fosterville or First Gold. If you are referring to the minewater treatment plant I think it was in an Annoucement too the ASX from Cleantec that I got it from.

Just had another look on CleanTec's (now called Sunrise Energy Metals ) SRL ASX announcements. The fosterville mine water treatment plant for removal of Antimony & Arsenic and soften the water for reuse was completed in late 2019 and commissioned in Q1 Q2 2020. Statement contained in their (Cleantec) September 2020 Quarterly activities statement.

No, I was not questioning Fosterville remediation in the slightest. It was the Swifts Creek article that started this blog - I can't understand why there have been no announcements to the Stock exchange in 7 months yet the ABC has just come up with this article right now. One would expect any drilling that intersected gold values like that would be immediately released to the ASX (as would normally be required). There were some good rock samples taken at surface in 2020, but if course that tells you just that this is possibly a good place to drill. They had announced that they would start drilling in December 2020 with results expected in the first and second quarters this year - but I see no mention on their website. They actually started drilling in February 2021 but there are other newspaper reports but no ASX releases that I can find. The newspapers talk about "Partial results have been returned with grades so far peaking at 11.6g/t gold" "First Au expects drilling to wrap up in late April with full results expected shortly after. Findings will be reported on once results have been received. Shares in First Au are down 10.5 per cent and are trading at 1.7 cents"

Drill results "Peaking at 11.6 g/t Au" seems a bit at odds with the newspaper account of ""The first couple of drill holes have come out [with] around 20 grams". I would watch for the obligatory quarterly report for the first quarter (they have not posted one yet for the December quarter last year).

I would love to see success there, I am just a bit cautious about reporting by media.....

FOUND IT - they just made a release and it is as stated (just very limited drilling so far):

https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/a...access_token=83ff96335c2d45a094df02a206a39ff4

First results are from hole SNDDH002, second from SNDDH005

1619398779_snowstorm.jpg

Jaros said:
At the moment 1 oz = 28.34952 g. Is the find payable.
It all depends on the cost of mining and processing. The less red tape involved. Being on freehold land helps there unless heritage overlayed . The cost of actually mining the ore increases with depth from surface. the cost of processing the ore once mined. is the gold free mill course or freemill fine. or is it locked up in sulphides that need to be treated first to unlock the gold to chemical extraction. The list of variables goes on and on. Something as simple as a anti mining neighbor can put the mozz on things.

Latest posts