Ballarat Mine collapse

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I read Balmaine Gold is a like a ship without a rudder, Management with little or no mining experience, havent had a underground foreman for 6 months. Management trying to gag employees, not adhering to mine plan trailings storage.
All sounds like the accountants are running the show and trying to cut costs/corners.
I just hope no one gets killed or injured before it gets shorted or shut down, :mad:
Isnt this the same mine that some miners had to be rescued by being hoisted up an air shaft after the area they were working in was cut off by another collapse a few yrs back? :/

From what I read Balmaine Gold is a like a ship without a rudder, Management with little or no mining experience, havent had a underground foreman for 6 months. Management trying to gag employees, not adhering to mine plan trailings storage.
All sounds like the accountants are running the show and trying to cut costs/corners.
I just hope no one gets killed or injured before it gets shorted or shut down, :mad:
Isnt this the same mine that some miners had to be rescued by being hoisted up an air shaft after the area they were working in was cut off by another collapse a few yrs back? :/
Some of those things appear to have occurred in 2021 to the extent of an investigation as to whether they were fit to mine (had to prove it by Oct 2021.
My impression is that they may be sorting out now, with a new tailings storage being developed, and new local staff, and Hugh Morgan, former CEO of Western Mining, seems to have stepped in to save it.

https://www.afr.com/companies/minin...-ballarat-gold-s-white-knight-20220428-p5ah1w
https://ballaratgoldmine.com.au/our-people/
The rescue up the air shaft was unrelated - same goldfield, former company not the present one, 15 years ago.....it involved the main access decline. This was a more recent minor collapse in a development drive I think.

Latest posts