Super Expensive Metals

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been meaning to buy a few ounces of Rhodium, it's the cheapest it's been in a long time. $590USD oz. Was 10,000USD per oz in about 2007. :) It's a much better catalyst than palladium or platinum but got to expensive to use.

Can't get it much cheaper than about $1100 per oz though, even in the USA it's way more than spot price. :(

Heatho I think the problem with Rhodium is when it comes time to sell it , I have looked into buying in the past but was put off for that reason .
For the novelty of having an ounce of Rhodium though just to look at it can't hurt .

arroyo said:
Heatho I think the problem with Rhodium is when it comes time to sell it , I have looked into buying in the past but was put off for that reason .
For the novelty of having an ounce of Rhodium though just to look at it can't hurt .

Yeah, would be nice just for the novelty. Though I did read an article a while back that high end German car manufactures were going to go back to using it in their catalytic converters. Haven't read anything about that subject since, but if they do it should revive the price a bit. It's a very interesting metal. I found a lab that sells Rhodium rings but they are prohibitively expensive, about $2000, though the stuff is so hard it's very difficult to machine and not many people can do it hence the high price I'd say.

Thnx Drduck :)

Another 2 hrs on the youtube :)
Great viewing though very interesting facts from these guys
Loved the trip to the UK bullion storage. A gold hunters dream couldn't take my eyes off the screen for some reason 8) 8)

Latest posts