Sunny Corner not so sunny

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noncents

John
Reaction score
I went today to sunny corner to try out my minelab F1A4 detector. Unfortunately when we got there it began to rain and than snow. I got just over an hour of play time before the rain and cold put a stop to the fun.The detector did find some junk and was very responsive, but I noticed that I one stage I could not get it to ground balance or noise cancel as it was noisy and a little erratic ( could have just been me :8 ) I restarted it and all seem good. I also tried out a new coil on my X-terra 705, it was the Coiltek 15" Coil 3 KHz and got lucky and found a horse shoe :p it was more stable in prospecting mode than the coin mode but than again I ran out of time to have a proper play with either detector.
The cold wasn't too bad but the wind was unbearable so we headed over to Oberon to visit some friends.
1404043979_20140629_120545_copy.jpg

1404043666_screenshot_2014-06-29-21-20-42_copy.png
1404043507_20140629_114909_2.jpg

1404045457_20140629_213820.jpg

thanks

i was going to start a thread asking where there has been snow around NSW in the last day or two

note : brass monkeys are worth $ 1.40 kg at the local scrap dealer if thats any consolation

I got snowed on at sunny corner on Tuesday morning. Only settled for half hour or so.
And the wind was quite hectic, made detecting quite hard.
Reeko

Great photos noncents, I would have put the detector away and got out the snowboard :lol:

Went out there this arvo with Lbg.
Not to go detecting though :eek: took the wives/kids out to look at the snow. Much warmer in the car :lol:

bloody hell - I thought our wet tracks and trees down was bad here in Vic!!!! I sooked yesterday because I had to put a thermal jacket on because it was 'chilly'. I shall never complain again about our weather.

HeadsUp said:
thanks

i was going to start a thread asking where there has been snow around NSW in the last day or two

note : brass monkeys are worth $ 1.40 kg at the local scrap dealer if thats any consolation
There was a little snow in Oberon as well ;)

Reeks said:
I got snowed on at sunny corner on Tuesday morning. Only settled for half hour or so.
And the wind was quite hectic, made detecting quite hard.
Reeko
I think warmer months are the go around that part of the country

Nugget said:
Great photos noncents, I would have put the detector away and got out the snowboard lol

Not enough snow for boarding but a toboggan would have been fun :D

mbasko said:
Went out there this arvo with Lbg.
Not to go detecting though yikes took the wives/kids out to look at the snow. Much warmer in the car lol

I saw a lot of families having fun building snowmen and having snow ball fights and you are right it was a lot better once back in the car :)

In case you guys want to keep really warm then check out freezer suits , as worn by cool room workers

$149 for the full overall type or you can buy trousers and jacket

Only downside is you can look a bit like the Michelin man , or the marshmallow giant in ghostbusters

Going from Sunny corner to Oberon is like going from the pot into the fire weather wise at the moment.....bbrrrr lol

HeadsUp said:
In case you guys want to keep really warm then check out freezer suits , as worn by cool room workers

Only downside is you can look a bit like the Michelin man , or the marshmallow giant in ghostbusters

Had a mate who worked for Peters ice cream down in Sydney and he scored me a brand new freezer suit, used to use it when I went spotlighting at night on the back of the truck near Wattle Flat. Id rather look like the Michelin man than freeze my balls off. :p

Long iohns . thermals work well too. used to wear them on bikes in winter sometimes. local Woolies [ hahaha] had padded ski pants out for $ 30 today. did;nt get any tho. even in mid winter at 5 am in the morning, I only wore jeans on the bike. face, hands and trunk are the most vulnerable too cold. also a balaclava/ ski mask is useful, good for servos etc too. :eek: :lol:

stevo said:
HeadsUp said:

Had a mate who worked for Peters ice cream down in Sydney and he scored me a brand new freezer suit, used to use it when I went spotlighting at night on the back of the truck near Wattle Flat. Id rather look like the Michelin man than freeze my balls off. :p

I guess it would be warmer and better than a onesy :p

Latest posts