sunny corner blackberries

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Signs were up a couple of weeks ago but they didn't show signs of being sprayed as leaves had no rust spots and fruit was starting to blacken. Expect plently of them again next year as I think the sprayers have missed the boat.

I am still wearing the scars :mad: but did work out if I file one side of my shovel, I don't need a machete. :D

Know idea about your area but one of the most invasive species I've ever seen . Very tasty fruit but that's the problem as most birds and foxes eat them and spread the seed everywhere . Years ago they came up with rust fungus to try and combat them but was never very effective in my area. Main problem now is certain people not controlling there weed outbreaks which puts added pressure on neighboring farms and just adds to the problem

Wally69 said:
Signs were up a couple of weeks ago but they didn't show signs of being sprayed as leaves had no rust spots and fruit was starting to blacken. Expect plently of them again next year as I think the sprayers have missed the boat.

I am still wearing the scars :mad: but did work out if I file one side of my shovel, I don't need a machete. :D

so do u reckon they should be good to still pick. I tried 3 today and I feel fine

As tasty as they look, if the signs are out I would steer clear.

Best bet would be to try and run into some forestry guys and ask where they havn't sprayed. Not sure what the side-effects of the poison is but I wouldn't imaging it would be good.

They usually advertise their UHF Channel on a sign if they are in the area, might be worth chasing as a blackberry pie sounds really good right now. :p