Stolen GPZ7000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not good :mad: , hope the scumbags are caught. Definitely worth adding to house insurance.

Looks like they're on the ball there with the charger thoughts ! Someone's gunna be looking to buy just a charger, either that or there'll be a second break in with a ransacking in the search for it, hope they've got the camera's rolling for that one ! :eek: :mad: ;)

There was a Z on Gumtree last night $6500 was advertised as Brand new condition used once with never used pinpointer

Phone number supplied didn't work but got a call back after sending several emails to seller.
Result = used once was seller had used once since he purchased secondhand, no harness with it as kids had lost it whilst playing with it. Arranged to inspect today and whilst talking on phone the listing was ended. After ending phone call I sent an sms message and asked for serial number and also date machine was originally purchased new. Reply received was it was sold ? I then sent another message and said yes to me ................... reply was no to someone else. This all took place in less than 20 minutes total at approx 9pm.
No nothing sus about all that :rolleyes:

I was told the sold was .............................. he had received a phone call from someone saying they would buy it ? Funnily enough as said the number on listing wasn't even valid and sms reply was within 5 minutes of my speaking on phone with seller saying I would be there in the morning.
In my world the item isn't sold until money is in hand and if a second enquiry is made after initial person then it is explained if that first buyer doesn't purchase then will contact second interested party. The kids must have lost the harness whilst playing with it on the deck of a ship in the middle of the Pacific or odds on bet the harness had some identifiable marks on it perhaps?

1486243400_z_sale_4.jpg

The fellow said they never took the box or the receipt, and that the pinpointer was on the harness (so probly no box for that either).
But makes you think, if it was a theif that new he had it by watching the shop to see who walked out with one, maybe he was on a shop security video in the area, someone with no purpose, parked and loitering(parked there for days even), but not there anymore after the purchase date ,....- (- 8) -) - something to consider when buying small mobile high ticket items, 8) don't get followed home at all, lose em in the traffic before even heading towards home ! ;)

silver said:
The fellow said they never took the box or the receipt, and that the pinpointer was on the harness (so probly no box for that either).
But makes you think, if it was a theif that new he had it by watching the shop to see who walked out with one, maybe he was on a shop security video in the area, someone with no purpose, parked and loitering(parked there for days even), but not there anymore after the purchase date ,....- (- 8) -) - something to consider when buying small mobile high ticket items, 8) don't get followed home at all, lose em in the traffic before even heading towards home ! ;)

A box would be easier enough to obtain and there are that many genuine receipts posted on items on the net same same . The pinpointer is listed as brand new ? Who knows could debate all day ................ but no fool is going to advertise the item in the exact same configuration as was stolen, they are going to mix and match it up a bit for the exact reason of throwing people of track.
For my money anyone that advertises item as used once and then when pushed reveals he had purchased second hand so the other 200 times it was used by the previous original owner doesn't matter is not honest to start with :|

Bogger said:
silver said:

A box would be easier enough to obtain and there are that many genuine receipts posted on items on the net same same . The pinpointer is listed as brand new ? Who knows could debate all day ................ but no fool is going to advertise the item in the exact same configuration as was stolen, they are going to mix and match it up a bit for the exact reason of throwing people of track.
For my money anyone that advertises item as used once and then when pushed reveals he had purchased second hand so the other 200 times it was used by the previous original owner doesn't matter is not honest to start with :|
I agree bogger, just thought he might be on camera somewhere too. :D

sounds like the stolen gpz, you just spooked him with questions, should have agreed to buy and set up a sting have cops waiting, then pounce and check it out, if all legit buy, if not, got the stolen item back to their owners