St arnauld, Stuart Mill area

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm up trying this area for the weekend but so far no luck. I left my headphones at home and am kicking myself. I haven't found many targets yet but was happy to dig up a pellet so I knew it was hearing a target. Is it always quiet up here with pellets or am I missing them?

Cheers
Jeff

its quieter ground than further south in the GT.The gold is also darker, due to the higher silver content so check every suspect find. smaller areas such as St A and the Mill tend to have had a lot of interest.

Plenty of shot pellet 22 cal and all the rest
Still around those areas
And a little colour around

Ended up with 2 little sub grammers. Can't believe I forgot to bring the headphones for the SDC but I did have Nenads adaptor with me so had to make do with Apple earbuds.

Goldfields around much of that area were not as extensive as others and the small rushed here and there ones were over in a comparatively shorter amount of time, quickly worked. Relics, apart from St Arnaud where there were more extensive works, are scarcer too than other places.

Latest posts