Spider the size of a small dog.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
davent said:
Is that thing a WA spider?
Don't like the look of the bloody thing!

She came into the camp north of Leonora in a load of stumps we pulled for firewood. Fortunately she wandered out before going into the campfire. Took her home and enjoyed her company for a few months before taking her back home.
Davent, she isn't a thing!!! One of Australia's wonderful creatures.

G'day

Pretty funny how some people are dead scared of spiders, not fussed on them myself really but not phobic of them either, and have had several bites from huntsmen spiders from picking them up, the bites not as bad a bee sting but gets itchy is all, one time when in the army in North Qld, we were having an end of exercise bbq and 40 odd blokes standing about around the cook tent, saw a huge spider the size of a dinner plate walking across the tent roof, someone called out chit look at the size of that spider on the tent, one of the cooks whacked the underside of the tent and sent the sucker into the air, by the time the thing hit the ground 40 odd blokes were 50 metres away, pretty brave our blokes eh. :lol:

My mum used to take delight in grabbing huntsmen off the wall if she spotted one and tossing it at us kids, that's probably where I get my quick reflexes and fear of flying things from. :argh:

cheers

stayyerAU

Latest posts