Someone is Selling an XW GTHO

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adrian ss said:
A lot of memories there aye!

Sold the Fairlane a month ago; ZA, been in the family 46+ years. Oh well such is life. Speedo been around the clock a few times, still running smooth and never had a break down. Is going to be restored .
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/14143/1616830602_rscn1685.jpg

Yeah them and the ZC/ZD'S were awesome,

One of my favourite ones was the yank looking one the ZH I think it was, I also had the ZJ Sportsman which was the two tone Ghost Gum and Brown Satin one, That thing Flew, :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

ANY car aged over 40 years is now worth collecting. Add to that any v8 utes. Those commodore utes will be worth a mint 1 day in near future. Great future investments for the kids or grandkids. Probably not our lifetime sadly.

Mike678 said:
I owned an XY and XD only 6 pots and auto . Both served me well for many years . Rust got the XY , and I had rust repaired on the XD . Very reliable .

1616846442_000_1236.jpg

Should have never sold her.

Dunno about that xw gt. restoration.
Missing the vac. ignition advance tube to the distributor and the oil pressure looks too low for a 351 v8

boobook said:
Dunno about that xw gt. restoration.
Missing the vac. ignition advance tube to the distributor and the oil pressure looks too low for a 351 v8

Back then we sometimes used manuel / blocked/mechanical Advanced dizzy's and the oil pressure could be explained by being low on oil or the Temp or the age of the vehicle, In Car years I am about 107 and my oil pressure is not what it use to be either, I don't go much on these reground Cams without fitting new Cam Barings and lifters, :lol: :lol: :playful: :playful: :playful: :playful:

Any of The GT's from the XR, XT XW XY and XA and XB's as are The Cobra Cars' are Collectable, Or Any of the Monaro's are love by those who saw or Owned them and the Torana's from the LC to the LX or the Pacers and Chargers from that era fetch big money to collectors, After this era of Cars things changed and the personal attachment from the cars to the man on the street was lost. thanks to a certain Reporter when Ford announced the XA GT. The Road going models that came after that were never quite the same as Ford seemed to of lost heart and the true GT era ended with the XY, and 4 lonely Bathurst ready XA GT's were produced and only ONE was actually fully finished at the time when SHTF.

Later the XD and XF's and the Commodores from the VB to the VK, and a member of my family Owns 3 of the later SSV Models and is looking at buying a 4th possibly a 5th,

Most of us here will remember the day the XA GT was killed off along with all the above and I am still Angry about it too this day because everything that came after that was borrowed from Europe or America. ]:D ]:D ]:D

Latest posts