Some Fossils From My Collection, Including Dinosaur Teeth..

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys, thankyou to everyone for posting pictures of their amazing finds or collection pieces. I thought i'd reciprocate and post pictures of some of my better fossil specimens. My collection of fossils is far too large to post pics of everything but these are some of my favourites and I think you guys will like them too.

1) Carcharodontosaurus dinosaur teeth, 100 million years old, both 8cm long and from Morocco, Africa.

1374893720_forum_fossil_pic_1_carch.jpg
1374893752_forum_fossil_pic_2_carch.jpg

2) Spinosaurus dinosaur tooth, 100 million years old, about 10.2cm long and from Morocco, Africa.

1374893827_forum_fossil_pic_3_spino.jpg

3) Opalised Reptile (Dinosaur?) vertebra, 110 million years old, 16mm long, Lightning Ridge NSW

1374894006_forum_fossil_pic_4_opal_bone.jpg

4) Dromaeosaur (Raptor) dinosaur tooth, 100 million years old, just under an inch in length, Morocco, Africa.

1374894092_forum_pic_5_raptor.jpg

5) Plesiosaur tooth (Zarafasaura oceanis), about 67 million years old, 2.5 inches long, Morocco, Africa.

1374894179_forum_pic_6_plesiosaur.jpg

6) Megalodon shark tooth, between 1 and 15 million years old, 4.75 inches long, South Carolina

1374894241_forum_pic_7_megalodon.jpg

7) Diplomystus fish, about 48 million years old, fish is just over 8 inches long, Wyoming

1374894364_forum_pic_8_fish.jpg

8) Insects and a plant leaf in amber, about 45 million years old, insects are 8mm long and leaf is 21mm long, Baltic Sea, Europe

1374894468_forum_pic_9_amber_1.jpg
1374894498_forum_pic_10_amber_2.jpg
1374894522_forum_pic_11_amber_3.jpg

I have a good deal more than this if people want to see some more pics, including mammal, plant, reptile and more dinosaur material, but for now I think that's enough :D

Fantastic pieces Paleo. Those teeth are something else!

It's hard to comprehend the sheer size of some of those Dinosaurs that were roaming around back then. It'll be interesting to see how Clive Palmer goes with his Dinosaur Park. I think he has 26 (or so) life sized models going in. Wouldn't mind seeing that upon completion :)

Thanks for the great post!
Cheers,
Shauno.

Incredible, Dinosaurs have been somewhat of a side interest of mine for years. Honestly I would love to see some DNA genius recreate the real thing *crazy face* :lol:

Thanks heaps for sharing these, I definitely look forward to seeing some more soon.

Nugget.

Beautiful thanks for sharing.
Here, here Nugget, c'mon Clive do a Jurasic Park! :D

Wow Paelo what an interesting collection, please keep them coming...Cheers Debra

Love the collection there...

When I was working over in Banff, Alberta Canada there was a gem shop in the main street that had hundreds of amazing pieces, a lot of dinosaur teeth and bones and sabertooth teeth and not to mention the other gems in there too. I just wish I had spent more time and money in there before I left..

love those teeth

incredible to look at the serrations on the teeth and think about what process bought about their evolution

pity the dinosaurs didnt patent the process , they could still be alive today if they had the royalties from all those japanese knife making companies to help them get by.

awesome collection .
I was watching a show on fox called goldfathers and they were hydraulic sluicing and suddenly they stopped the pumps as they unearthed another couple of mammoth tusks.
I couldnt imagine just coming across something so old and not just be in awe of the find but these guys were just "we had better grab those and turn the pumps back on theres another $30k bucks"

Thanks for all the comments guys!

The top 3 teeth come from two carnivorous dinosaurs that were both bigger than Tyrannosaurus Rex.

The shark tooth, despite measuring close to 5 inches long, is actually not that huge for the species. It was the biggest shark of all time, measuring about 16-20m long (Modern Great White is about 8m) and with teeth up to 7 inches long. Wicked.

Fantastic collection thankyou for sharing, I'm always hoping to find something like this.

I agree with Gail 100%. These are fantastic posts and pictures. You have certainly raised my awareness and curiosity. I had showed my grandkids your pictures and they loved them - off to Museum next weekend.

PS- the only old fossils I see are my mates at camp-sites first thing in the morning. Ugly and very, very scary.

That's a great collection you've got there paleo, if you've got anymore pics I'd like to see them.

Thanks for sharing Paleo, your post has just reminded me of find i made as a little kid ... A small opalised bone ... found it at lightning ridge while fossicking with my grandarents.
I wonder where that is ??
Darren

Latest posts