Some bits from my new little patch.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heavymetal

Luke Atkins
Reaction score
Got 8 bits now from an area I love to hit close to home. Garrett AT Gold. All metal mode. Sensitivity 1 notch from the top. Threshold on 3. GB on 82. GB window on 6.
Here's some pics.
IMG_2684.jpg

IMG_2732.jpg

IMG_2566.jpg

IMG_1873.jpg

IMG_1365.jpg

IMG_1226.jpg

IMG_2201.jpg

Sounds and looks like you got that AT Gold purring like a kitten mate.

Great nuggets and hope they keep exposing themselves for you,

Wal.

Fantastic work, and thanks for sharing the detector and settings used. I'm planning on doing some more gold detecting once things cool down, until then I'll keep looking back at those pics for inspiration :D

Thanks for sharing! Gives us AT-Gold users some added hope!
I'm off on Sunday to hit Lefroy again... 3 hour drive each way... long day!

mfdes said:
Thanks for sharing! Gives us AT-Gold users some added hope!
I'm off on Sunday to hit Lefroy again... 3 hour drive each way... long day!

Better detecting at Back Creek if your heading that way, shallower gold ;)

Nice little patch there heavymetal, cane it to death and find all there brothers :D

DD

Hi Diggerdude,

Thanks for that! According to MRT, though, pretty much ALL of Back Creek is covered in current gold leases. I doubt very much the leaseholders will look kindly on others ratting their gold. There is, perhaps, a tiny bit of the easternmost ends of the leads that are out of the lease, I might go have a look.

FYI for others, I've attached PDF of current tenements in the area courtesy of LISTmap, as of 14/02/2014.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/doc/member-docs/1769/1392376874_back_creek.pdf

Have u found any gold at lefroy mfdes and does any one know anyone that has found gold in the Camden river I red somewhere there was gold found there I been meaning to head up there and try as it's on my door step well a 20 min drive but I'm new to this gold finding

mfdes said:
Hi Diggerdude,

Thanks for that! According to MRT, though, pretty much ALL of Back Creek is covered in current gold leases. I doubt very much the leaseholders will look kindly on others ratting their gold. There is, perhaps, a tiny bit of the easternmost ends of the leads that are out of the lease, I might go have a look.

FYI for others, I've attached PDF of current tenements in the area courtesy of LISTmap, as of 14/02/2014.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/doc/member-docs/1769/1392376874_back_creek.pdf

Yeh mate , same leases that were there when I went last. Will PM you some directions.

DD

R the leases marked in any way so u know where they r or u just gotta be good with maps I'm thinking of heading to back creek to try my luck

Heavy metal you certainly lived up to your name - some great gold there and thanks for posting such nice photos. Good luck next time! Ian

Newprospector said:
R the leases marked in any way so u know where they r or u just gotta be good with maps I'm thinking of heading to back creek to try my luck

Hey Newprospector, the leases are not often marked on the ground. There will be no fence. However you can't claim that you didn't know if caught, it's our responsibility to know. I find listmap very useful: http://maps.thelist.tas.gov.au/listmap/app/list/map

You can add layers to the map with active mining and exploration leases, etc. It took me a little while to get to know how to use it properly but now I findd it great. You can change between looking at the 1:25,000 mapss, the Google Earth satellite picture, aerial photography, etc...

Lefroy is very interesting but I haven't found any gold there yet. Only been out twice. Very dry at the moment. Lisle is close to you and worth a go, but again, there are active leases to watch out for. I found some gold near there a few weeks ago, and there was (just) enough water in the creek to sluice.

Another thing to watch out for is old shafts, not all have been capped, and sometimes thy're literally on the edge of the path.

Miguel.