So where can we go now?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tassie Daz

Darryl Rowley
Reaction score
Hi folks. Its my time of the year again where I get to cross the border and visit the great gold state of Victoria.
So with all the stuff thats gone on of late, where can we go prospecting. Can I ask you if youd leave me where you live and if its ok to prospect around about your town.
I dont want to know about your secret spot, just to know if things have changed around your town.
Im not wanting to visit Information centres as these people are more likely to blanket close whole areas, because thats easier. I once went to a area in NT and got told it was completely closed, only to find, when we got home, that that was not the case.
Thanks in advance.

Thanks mate. Well Im still coming. Hope it doesnt change in the next few weeks but reallly how do they expect and to police it anyway. Is every single detectorist going to be monitored 24/7? If one slips out in off times how will they know........unless someone like David Gillpilil is standing around on one leg...invisible. lol.

Hi Hh. We'll be around maryborough from about the 2nd week in April. Where are you. If Im at Maryborough Ill be looking to detect around Maryborough, Amherst, Talbot, etc.

The Andrews State ALP government is set to respond to the VEAC review of public land in Victoria in March 2019.
It is most likely the recommendations will be adopted which will result in a significant area of the GT public land
been excluded from Prospecting access.

I doubt the PMAV, BUGU and individual submissions will allow watering down of restrictions.
Its only about a month away and we find out the answer.

Going forward it would be good to see prospectors fill in there holes when out detecting as we
will be in a much smaller area and ever increasing numbers means a lot more evidence of
where you have been looking.

Swinging & digging said:
The Andrews State ALP government is set to respond to the VEAC review of public land in Victoria in March 2019.
It is most likely the recommendations will be adopted which will result in a significant area of the GT public land
been excluded from Prospecting access.

I doubt the PMAV, BUGU and individual submissions will allow watering down of restrictions.
Its only about a month away and we find out the answer.

Going forward it would be good to see prospectors fill in there holes when out detecting as we
will be in a much smaller area and ever increasing numbers means a lot more evidence of
where you have been looking.

How ya going swinging & digging? Long time no talk :playful:
Should we put him onto that spot :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts