Sneak peak

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldtarget

(AKA OldGT)
Reaction score
Quick update photo care of a very capable engineer. I've been extremely lucky to have good consultation and excellent execution of an excellent design on a mid size type production trommel. I can assure the members once this thing is done I'll be spending alot less time on here. I'm very excited and after alot of recent negativity I just wanted to share something positive happening in my prospecting world. This is like my dream coming to reality.
1417254367_img_20141129_192905.jpg

Bare bones
1417254576_img_20141129_204833.jpg

Looks great Goldtarget, can't wait to see the finished product. Well done and may it see plenty of yellow stuff flowing through it.

I can't wait either. I was a bit hesitant to let the cat out of the bag. I still have some ideas up my sleeve and I'm a bit impatient waiting for this thing to run, and get some solid testing, but it should hold up with two guys shoveling full steam, and I'll be sure to get some video time of it. It looks alot smaller in the pic I put up, this weapon will definitely be suited much more to trailer mounted, leave the Highbanker at home. I don't envisage this thing will ever have an EOL issue, it's built to be versatile and survive.

If it means you spending less time here, I hate it!

Nah, putting the gold in your kick bro is the real deal.

Get the color, but don't make me hate it :p

CRIKEY, GT, you'll need to hard face your shovels to keep up with it, I'm feeling for your nephew and all the work the young fella is going to have in front of him, lads gunna end up with some broad shoulders!!!! :lol:

Awesome :cool:

It is time to go out and buy the biggest jar of Vegemite you can find and get eating. I can't wait to see a photo of it filled with the rewards of your adventurous spirit. :p

Thanks for sharing

dwt said:
CRIKEY, GT, you'll need to hard face your shovels to keep up with it, I'm feeling for your nephew and all the work the young fella is going to have in front of him, lads gunna end up with some broad shoulders!!!! :lol:
Probably the biggest drawback right there, still got to put the dirt in.... Lucky for him he comes from good stock, his old man digs holes for a living.

Awesome GT!!, absolute beast of a machine.

I have been tinkering in the shed...makes my contraption look like a toy :( lol

dwt said:
Any update pics GT? :eek:
At your request. ...
1417924142_img_20141207_144739.jpg

1417924240_img_20141207_144624.jpg

1417924264_img_20141207_144543.jpg

As you can see things are moving along. The engineer took great pains to execute that feed hopper with its bracing and design, in fact much better than I could have been, big help when people are skilled at their craft and understand design processes and limitations. Personally I couldn't be happier, initially when I first started thinking along these lines I didn't envisage such a great machine, and have been fortunate enough to be put in the hands with enough experience and attention to detail to pull together such a feat. I am indebted to him and this sort of collaboration is rare, not just in engineering but prospecting, having a greater passion and vision than me really shows. Hopefully I can repay the favour one day not just in monetary terms. If I find the mother lode I'll be happy to share.

I have been wondering how and what to paint it, most of what I have on hand that is suitable aren't great colors. I would like to do it justice and do it right though, especially with my trade background in protective coatings. I'd like to stencil up some writing on it with a couple of pa stickers to boot. Some accent pin stripping is also likely. Any suggestion is a welcome one I was thinking a lighter color to offset any heat sinking in the hotter months, I've had my share of pain from handling hot metal objects sat out in the blazing sun from my scrap metal days.

Latest posts