Smallest gold found with a detector?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was only in the first scratchings that I dragged back took me about 15 mins to find lol :D

The DD it came with, the mono was horrible to use makes noise like it's in s quire lol The detector is stock standard from the shop ;)

http://s1027.photobucket.com/user/stephenjawilliams/library/

36583068-1F57-4C0B-AAFE-E5CE32C0A057_zpsypjvvvs7.jpg

Admin edit: I posted the pic for all to see :D Ramjet.

Wow, great stuff.
there is no way my tdi would see that, even if it was stuck to the coil, however, im ok with that, dont want to dig that much for gold that small.
Just goes to show though, that those minelabs are the best gold detectors out there.

Smallest so far 0.16 gram wrapped in clay with a goldbug2 at about an inch. Found smaller fuggets though

Yeah that looks like an average piece from the SDC :lol:
Well perhaps not average but it's common to find something that won't read in the scales until you stack a few together. We got 250 pieces with the SDC for a total 35g. That's abut 0.14 average. The largest was 0.4 and the little ones were perhaps 0.02.
The smallest with the ATX was 0.16g but then most have been over the gram.

that is a great find with the 4500 and standard DD, i just got the 4500 myself and got the standard 11' dd, 15x12' mono and the 14' mono elite, i really didnt think i was in with a chance of finding stuff that small with it, thank you for the confidence boost and the inspiration mate

I have a minelab 5000. I use a 9x7NF or 8in ML mono coils . have dug nuggets less than .1 grm from about 50 mm. the small NF and ML coils are great , stable , quiet and very sensitive to small gold .

Got a couple at wedderburn with the 4500 that don't register but would probably be around the size of yours dunollyman. Here's one bit.

Found with a 10x5" dd coil. Nuggets this size ring out loud and clear. Far from an iffy signal. Probably around 3-4" down on surfaced ground

23727303072_d256d2c8d9.jpg

It is a 0.1 of a gram not 0.01 , having found hundreds of 0.02's with an sdc I believe I know what I'm looking at . 8)

Latest posts