Sluicing ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is my post for the month. :D , haven't been detecting for months so nothing to report.
Bought a sluice with dream mat , haven't been out, yet , .
Is Sluicing still legal in NSW ? Thought I read something lately about do-Goodes .
Cheers

To be a bit more correct, high bankers are still totally legal in nsw. It is the "PUMP" that has been deemed illegal to use.
So basically you could still use a high banker with say a bucket to feed the water, and be deemed legal (ok).
Crazy to try it that way.

mudgee hunter said:
To be a bit more correct, high bankers are still totally legal in nsw. It is the "PUMP" that has been deemed illegal to use.
So basically you could still use a high banker with say a bucket to feed the water, and be deemed legal (ok).
Crazy to try it that way.
I used to run a modified high banker with a regulated water flow bucket on top..Lots of back breaking work but it worked well :Y:

Question. Just putting it out. There. If I use a HB stand and run long pipe upstream that flows the water into HB without power, then I'm using hand tools. Yes

Could be used as a dredge at anytime.. .I asked the mines department in Qld the same thing and they said NO.
Even know ya not dredging :argh: ...A bit like saying I'm only detecting coins in gold bearing ground so I dont need a prospecting licence...But I'm sure you would only get a warning the first time you got caught....And that's if they even bothered to leave their air conditioned office.

Latest posts