Sluice

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Knocked this together this morning out of gal sheeting,

Now a you can see in the next pic I have two forms of matting one which is a ribbed carpet and the other is similar to miners moss but rubber backed also showing in the pic is my rear decking fence which I have extra of in the shed the question being are these suitable to put together the sluice and in which order to run them sorry for the baic questions but you got to start somewhere also any suggestions ect. appreciated

Regards Andrew

Edit to note pics are back to front

Ribbed carpet sux, I ran gravels through our highbanker at home, just some dirt I got out bush, got nothing out of it, not even a speck, then 2 weeks later I was doing a couple things & decided to give the carpet a good bash while it was dry, panned off what fine sands I got & ended up with 6 or so small specks of gold. I had even washed the carpet with the hose & spray nozzle thing when I last put dirt through the banker but nothing, never seem to get all the gold out of carpet.
The Bunnings mat should be alright from what I've heard, got the same mat myself, the Reject shop has a similar mat, tighter weave but much cheaper.

Doing well.
Use the mat, cut to form a 'U' channel in the sluice, clip it down with some gal sheet just at the top to ensure nothing can get under the mat bottom or sides. A bit of bread crate cut up as per a walbanker as the insert. The insert goes on top of the mat.
Depends on the creek , you may need a bigger flare to get enough volume. The sluice will work better if you screen the with a 6-8 mm sieve.

Hope this helps, good luck.
Barry

Gday guys I cant believe it Robbbo but that looks exactly like the same sluice that I have just made up over xmas , cant wait to try it out I also go to warby plenty of times but didnt realise or I didnt think of the creeks cant wait to get back there , Ive used pan before thought I found yellow only to be told it was fools gold lol well good luck Robbbo with yours hope you have better luck

Latest posts