sites to detect in newcastle

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squiz

adrian
Reaction score
does anyone know of anywhere in newcastle to detect like old war camps and such?

G,day Mate,,, Most have already been flogged out ,I hit them when I get bored 2 C how much has been overlooked in the past !!!!

L/R

Hey Squiz, you would be better off researching sites yourself as any suggested on a public forum would've already been done over.

Try thinking outside of the box and research areas or towns that others may have overlooked. I dig most of my finds in the older / smaller rural towns, although small now some were quite populated back in the day. After a while you'll learn to think like an old timer, and the finds will flow as a result :D

As a great starting point, check out sites such as Trove http://trove.nla.gov.au/ and the Historical Land Records Viewer http://images.maps.nsw.gov.au/

Cheers,
Nugget

thanks nugget, hey when do you think we can do a lacals get together for a detecting day?

Absolutely, a group of us regularly get together for a bit of detecting but we have now reached a point where we just cant take any more guys onto the sites that we currently visit. This is either due to the physical size of the site or limitation set by the land owner.

But.. Myself and another member are currently in conversation about a possible local meetup sometime soon, maybe a BBQ followed by some detecting, we're just not sure of the venue at the moment. I'll keep you posted on that one.

Regardless of the above we do have quite a large following from the Hunter Valley, so organising a one on one or small group outing shouldn't be too difficult.

Cheers,
Nugget

ok that would be awsome, that way i can learn how to do it right

Yeah for sure mate, and in the meantime if you have any questions about the Ace 250 be sure to ask.

Latest posts