Silver

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Morning all,
was having a chat to a fellow interested prospector, and he mentioned something that sparked a thought between us, is mining and prospecting for silver at all the same as gold, either detecting or panning?
he said he new a few places that would certainly be locations to find it, but it's never something i've seen or experienced mining.

Also i have a question about sugar loaf mountain (newcastle area), but will post that elsewhere.

cheers.

P.s if anyone has done this and knows some locations, would be great to know. (should be at 10 posts shortly? for pm)

qwip111 said:
Also i have a question about sugar loaf mountain (newcastle area), but will post that elsewhere.

Sorry, Mount Sugarloaf.

://newywithkids.com.au/drive-mount-sugarloaf/

There is lots of Silver around Emmaville... Even a plan for a very large Silver Mine to open up if the Government will let them... Big issues with their idea ATM...

It would be fantastic for the District, but the Gov keeps putting up impossible hurdles for them...

LW...