Silver price

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I purchased quite a bit of silver back in the mid 80s. Today it is not worth trying to find where I stashed it...In short it has been a dead loss.

The trouble with buying a limited edition coin made of precious metal from the originator (ie Perth Mint), Is that the vendor sets the price, not the market. Once the original vendors run is sold, the market will dictate the price on any resale of said coin. Which, unless it is especially rare or desirable will usually be around the current spot price of the metal it is made of. :argh: :8

jethro said:
The trouble with buying a limited edition coin made of precious metal from the originator (ie Perth Mint), Is that the vendor sets the price, not the market. Once the original vendors run is sold, the market will dictate the price on any resale of said coin. Which, unless it is especially rare or desirable will usually be around the current spot price of the metal it is made of. :argh: :8

I attended a coin-show a number of years ago and asked some of the major buyers attending about limited edition Perth & Canberra Mintage coins sold to the collector market, the question was would they perform well as an asset price wise? The answer i received was no, they called it manufactured rarity, if your looking to profit from collectable coins look for Rare key date coins. The 1930 Penny is a prime example of this, the mintage was low due to economic hard times and when released into circulation the general public were not really hoarding coins. Australian minted pre decimal coins have a few Key date coins, the 1855 Sydney Mint half sovereign is another star performer price wise. Two 1855 Sydney minted half sovereigns have been found in the Victorian goldfields with detectors and one was in virtually brand new condition when found in 1995. :goldpan: :money:

My sisters first Husband was a builder and found a virtually brand new looking 1934 Penny under a skirting board while renovating an old church in a Melbourne suburb. I did not think it was worth heaps when he found it, i told him to look after it, he decided to polish it with brasso not that it needed it, i suspected he wiped a fortune of its value. I have seen virtually brand new Penny & 1/2 pennies fetching high prices in years other than 1930, there is virtually none in existence, as people did not hoard or collect new issue coins years ago.

Try Buying cast Silver bars , the once common 10 oz , 1 kilo & 100 oz bars are all not available for delivery .
They have been sold , not just in Australia !

Those that hold the real metal will be rewarded , the BS derivative paper Silver trades at 500 oz to 1 oz ( real metal ) will self destruct .

Gold & Silver are real money ! :p

Live long
Jack

You don't hear much about crypto these days?
HiHo Silver, its sounding like the 2nd wave of the virus is going to play havoc with economies and financial markets for much longer than expected.

Looks like the great knowledgable Goldie-rocks was wrong about Silver. :Y: :pickshovel: :party:

An army of keyboard warriors are about to launch the mother of all short-squeezes on Silver !
These Reddit forum raiders will be buying up all they can get it seems .

I can see the force majeure clause going into effect as the physical dries up .

Want to know more ?
https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreet...iggest_short_squeeze_in_the_world_slv_silver/

Could be the knockout epic :fistpump: to end silver manipulation .

Outback said:
DrDuck said:
Remember the Bunker Hunts?

Remember how they changed the rules to screw them :N:

Video on the silver buy up .
https://youtu.be/2pIDNcHhhO0

I think they were already pretty screwed when they changed the rules that then crashed them. By cornering the market they sent the price up, and people began selling silver (e.g. Indian families dowries) to cash in, increasing the supply (which the Hunts could not meet.

"Unfortunately for the Hunts, all this new supply had a predictable effect. Rather than close out their contracts, short sellers suddenly found it was easier to get their hands on new supplies of silver and deliver. The main factor that has caused corners to fail [throughout history] is that the manipulator has underestimated how much will be delivered to him if he succeeds [at] raising the price to artificial levels, says Pirrong. Eventually, the Hunts ran out of money to pay for all the silver that was thrown at them.

Their rapid demise was a result of limits then imposed on silver transactions, but it was existing laws that they were convicted of breaking (both non-disclosure. and market manipulation).

these look nice and good buying, only a small premium above spot silver price the perth mint has them 1kg silver coin get them before the rush :)

1612133246_1kg_silver_coin.jpg

cheers dave

Latest posts