Security Of Your Belongings In The Goldfields

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ctx kid asked are sling snots still illegal ?

Hi ctx kid here in SA sling shots are illegal a mate bought one on ebay and got a letter from border security not to do it again . Having said that we can go to our local fishing tackle shop and buy the exact same device and its called a bait caster very nice as well :playful:
Pagan P

I keep my gear covered and out of sight. I dont put minelab stickers anywhere near my vehicle. I try and get off the road a bit but if I'm visible from the road I usually keep my vehicle within eyeshot or not too far out of eyeshot.

At night, out bush, I'll usually have the dog with me if I'm camping alone, which is a rare as finding 5 KG nuggets is an experience best shared :p, so the dog is a great alarm system although its usually a 'roo that sets off the nocturnal growls.

During the day I dont leave anything more valuable than a sleeping bag lying about when I'm away from camp. But I try to travel light in that respect as I'd be a bit paranoid about getting cleaned out otherwise.

I reckon I'd have some choice words for anyone I saw mooching about my camp with any of my belongings in their posession!! ]:D :fistpump: :skull:

G'day

Sometimes no matter how secure your gear is some lowlife will want to steal or damage it, just because they can, a couple of seasons back we ran into a bloke who recanted a story of a mate of his who was out prospecting alone, I think he said it was some way out from Meekatharra, he left camp detecting and at some stage returned to find that a group of people, foot prints everywhere, had ransacked his vehicle, stolen his spare detector and everything else of value, but to top it off they had also slashed his tyres and done some other damage, the only saving grace was that he was carrying his phone in his back pack so was able to call for help.

cheers

stayyerAU

As this post has matured, I am pleased with the responses.

There was every opportunity to report any incidents experienced but there aren't any posted so I am easier with the notion of not having something knocked off.

The Meekeratha incident reported by a friend of a friend read to me as an act of retribution for another doing as it is extreme to experience an act such as that, but I don't know anything about it.

Go easy, enjoy the life, dont worry, be happy. Thanks and regards to everyone .

wilko.

when in an isolated area I do bury a tub of non-perishable food and water. enough to last a week at least if things went south. everything else although prized is just material. happy travels. :Y:

Latest posts